Suterare Shiro Mahoutsukai no Koucha Seikatsu - Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
To answer the last page conundrum :

giphy.gif

Dex-chan lover
I kinda wish we saw more of the kingdoms fall from grace. But man that wanting it all to stay good eforever, talk about setting up the next arc not going smoothly lol.
I don't think we'll be seeing much of that. That kingdom is in trouble for sure.

But the greater concern is gonna be Alphonse.

He's running scared because he's committed multiple counts of lèse-majesté in the absolute worst way. Lemme list them off here...
  1. He lied about him subjugating the dragon to the King's face. (Granted, his daughter was complicit in this as well, but we'll get into that can of holy fuck in a second here...)
  2. He has apparently abandoned the Princess and his son, the Crown Prince.
  3. He has failed to complete the King's order to subjugate a monster.
So, like I said, he's running scared now. And if he finds out that Amalia is alive still? He's gonna want to know why. Because as far as he knows, it would mean she has some kind of macguffin he could exploit from her.

Princess Esmerelda is gonna have it rough, too. First of all, there's the holy shit factor in that the King took in her son to raise.

Why is this such a holy shit flag?

BECAUSE IT MEANS SHE WAS HIS ONLY CHILD.

For lying to the King's face about your deeds and accomplishments, not even being his daughter will save your ass. Unless you're the ONLY CHILD. Otherwise, if there were other potential heirs, then Esmerelda would have been, without a doubt, disinherited, denounced as a royal and stripped of her titles, and summarily exiled.

And her son would have gone along with her. However, there seems to have been no other heirs, so that boy is their only option.

Instead, she's likely on house arrest (probably for the rest of her life) while the King sees to the upbringing of her child in her stead - most likely because if his mother turned out to be a lying shit-heel of a scumbag, then he definitely does not want that rubbing off on the only viable heir he's got.

I would not be surprised if Esmerelda will never see her son again.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think we'll be seeing much of that. That kingdom is in trouble for sure.

But the greater concern is gonna be Alphonse.

He's running scared because he's committed multiple counts of lèse-majesté in the absolute worst way. Lemme list them off here...
  1. He lied about him subjugating the dragon to the King's face. (Granted, his daughter was complicit in this as well, but we'll get into that can of holy fuck in a second here...)
  2. He has apparently abandoned the Princess and his son, the Crown Prince.
  3. He has failed to complete the King's order to subjugate a monster.
So, like I said, he's running scared now. And if he finds out that Amalia is alive still? He's gonna want to know why. Because as far as he knows, it would mean she has some kind of macguffin he could exploit from her.

Princess Esmerelda is gonna have it rough, too. First of all, there's the holy shit factor in that the King took in her son to raise.

Why is this such a holy shit flag?

BECAUSE IT MEANS SHE WAS HIS ONLY CHILD.

For lying to the King's face about your deeds and accomplishments, not even being his daughter will save your ass. Unless you're the ONLY CHILD. Otherwise, if there were other potential heirs, then Esmerelda would have been, without a doubt, disinherited, denounced as a royal and stripped of her titles, and summarily exiled.

And her son would have gone along with her. However, there seems to have been no other heirs, so that boy is their only option.

Instead, she's likely on house arrest (probably for the rest of her life) while the King sees to the upbringing of her child in her stead - most likely because if his mother turned out to be a lying shit-heel of a scumbag, then he definitely does not want that rubbing off on the only viable heir he's got.

I would not be surprised if Esmerelda will never see her son again.
What I don't get is how they thought they'd get away with lying about subjagating the Dragon when they hadn't. Like it was always gonna come out and then the fact he failed a subjagation immediately after marrying the princess I'm like he was always doomed.

Dex-chan lover
What I don't get is how they thought they'd get away with lying about subjagating the Dragon when they hadn't. Like it was always gonna come out and then the fact he failed a subjagation immediately after marrying the princess I'm like he was always doomed.
Because they didn't realize what Amalia's tea was doing for them. They only thought that she was a white witch and nothing more - a healer that they could throw to the wolves in the worst case scenario.

That, and Alphonse probably figured that once he was the Princess's consort, he wouldn't have to lift a finger ever again. That after that one great achievement, he'd be able to live the sponger's life.

Of course, we all know from reading Risou no Himo Seikatsu that it's impossible to be the consort of someone who is supposed to rule a nation and remain a sponger. The main character in THAT manga certainly didn't expect it, and the shocked look on his wife's face when he told her as such was priceless.

But yeah, he was just being stupid that way. Which, unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there that are like that. Especially the ones that take the morally questionable paths.

Users who are viewing this thread