Suterareta Tensei Kenja ~Mamono no Mori de Saikyou no Dai Mateikoku wo Tsukuriageru~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - The Goblin Mage Delarosa

Group Leader
I wonder if we were given the same choice irl, would we do it? One extra large bowl of those spiders stewed would give you a bachelors degree of something eg, accounting, web dev, etc. And for jokes, blending is allowed but will magically emphasize the wrongness of the flavour.

Dex-chan lover
@Lexical the way belamus described it saying she doesn't have to eat it all at once makes me think, why not try to make it taste better by adding other stuff. Sure it'll take longer to eat 10 of them, but hopefully you can eat them without getting sick. Heck, it might even be better to stand on your head and have someone pour slurred spider up her ass.

Tf was the point of making a goblin series if they're just going to gradually humanize them and make them resemble 95% as humans eventually?

Smh

Dex-chan lover
@Ladha

Well, fanservice is an important part of manga series :3
From a historical point, however, goblins and hobgoblins have always been humanoid.
Sure the level of "humanity" they have changed a lot from universe to universe and they are closing in on borderline Oni territory by now.
( A Oni is just a really buff human with big horns and fang and weird skin colourations at the end of the day )
There is only so much you can do if you want goblins to be able to evolve though.

Also don't expect goblins to be anything other than borderline human when they are part of the main cast. ( it happens, but it's pretty rare in my experience )
That's because from a writing point of view its better if the readers can relate to the characters, so the protagonists of the story are usually more "human" then everyone else.
This is why goblins/orcs/demons etc who are all humanoid monsters are the most common none-human protagonists.

Group Leader
@liquidxlax uhh your name seems to be on point?? 😅 But yah, save for the reader’s amusement no reason why it can’t be served in really small bits as a stew or curry over a prolonged stretch of time .
On earth, we could probably cheat with our tech. No need for the other opening though 💩, just go through the nose using nose to stomach intubation, done in a day without having to taste a thing

@Goldenzeal

Yeah I suppose you're right, this does make the story more relatable and better for the larger audience

Ig I was a bit frustrated because the initial impression I got from the first few chapters was that it wasn't afraid of doing something out of the ordinary and was unique.

It's fine now though

Users who are viewing this thread