Suuji de Sukuu! Jyakushou Kokka - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
i like how the credits literally just burned the author, well played lmao
also thanks for the chapter! hope you continue translating more and releasing them in the coming days!

Dex-chan lover
I'm only reading this because it feels like it makes sense even tho i don't understand shit lmao

I find it fucking funny and just stupid of me to read an isekai about math while in fact, I haven't studied for my exams in math next week yet...

Welp a weeb's priorities.... wish me luck

Also... damn not only the author is smart af in maths but the TL team too especially with the TL afternote...

Wish I had their brains....

Dex-chan lover
no wonder i feel like something is wrong with the tickets one. thanks for the translation and the math correction

I feel obligated to talk about the statistics here, but it seems other people have already gotten here before me....
OK.
I'm just going to say that the math here is generally valid. Misinterpretations by the scanlators are understandable when working hard on this in other respects. Still, I think they should stop trying to out-think the author here. The way he set up the lottery he said "one in 5 tickets" not "one of the 5 tickets" and there are clearly more than 5 in the visualized image.
Please.
If you would like to make math criticism, let the comments do it for you. They will probably be more rabid to burn the thing to the ground for each and every mistake. This should take a load off your back. Then, we can move forward with the series, because math and boobs are what I came here for.
Thank you.

About the math on the last page, that's assuming that every fifth ticket is a guaranteed win. While the ratio of losing to winning tickets is 4:1, that just means that there are 4 times as many losing tickets as winning tickets. Also, If there are only 5 tickets priced at 1 coin per draw and the payout is 4 coins, then the maximum profit is 3 coins, if you get it on the first draw. However, the chapter presented it as "one out of every five," implying that there are more than five tickets. This would mean that for the first 5 tickets, there would still not be a 100% chance of winning.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure that page 12 math is correct for the lottery I know. Translator group is seem to apply it for another kind of lottery, which I don't know, and can't derived from the math. Something like diminishing rewards after each round, I think.

On the other hand, math on page 13 by translators give a better view for bigger picture by incorporating cost into equation and results in expecting value of the whole transaction, while the author version is just expected value for the rewards alone. But both are the same thing nonetheless.

Lancaster equation for melee fight isn't something news at all, as it could be easily intuitively derived. It's also rely on unrealistic assumptions that there are no other factors in battle, and even not counting ranged weapons. It is unreasonable to think that princess isn't already aware of it.
I hope he introduced Lancaster equations for ranged exchange instead.

I really hope that the author wouldn't write this by just nerf intelligence of medieval people. Granted they are declined from roman era but still assuming they cannot estimate numerical advantages or expecting value is probably too far. There is still a lot of math advances easily applicable in that era. Logic and game theory of course the first candidates, but mc clearly seems capable of binary calculations and thus, analog computing. With better calculating power, he can initiate calculus revolution, which will put the nation far, far ahead of neighbours. Just by a classic pandemic arc with calculated R value and SIR model, things will be a lot different.

Dex-chan lover
my math skills might be better had this manga existed when i was younger...right now i've been so out of touch with high school math that i could only nod my head and get a slight headache...

Double-page supporter
I thought I got rid of math after passing Calculus...

ahh i love this story, thanks for the translation!
WOW EXPLAINING MATH IN ITS REAL WORLD SITUATION WOULD MAKE PEOPLE INTERESTED IN MATH THATS CRAZY IF ONLY OUR SCHOOLS COULD DO THIS INSTEAD OF MAKING UP SOME RANDOM PERSON BUY 10000 WATERMELONS.

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

Users who are viewing this thread