Suuji de Sukuu! Jyakushou Kokka - Vol. 3 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
The best part about the monty hall problem is that every description I have seen of it has always been entirely incorrect.
Changing your choice makes absolutely no difference.

Now, if the problem description had involved revealing a door that isn't the prize, rather than revealing a door that wasn't choosen, the "solution" would be correct. But that is never the case.
Interestingly enough, no matter the description, I have also never seen the prize-door be revealed by the theoretical game-host. Which is ludicrously improbable and I would almost argue dream-luck levels indication of 'cheating' where the example doesn't actually follow it's own description, and reveal a random un-choosen door.

Dex-chan lover
I really hate this problem because revealing a card removes it from the equation. The % chance for a card to be the right one doesnt magically get transferred to the other one, it goes from 33%-33%-33% to 50%-50%.

Dex-chan lover
i didn't expect to actually see math comments haha, thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
statistic wise, switching strat does make a difference
Nah, like I said it only makes a difference if you add an extra constraint to Monty, where he is disallowed from revealing prize-doors. But as it's always described, there is no such restraint, which means the probabilities are independent or whatever the terminology was.

As a similar proof to your image, here's a simulation running 10^6 times, for both strategies (not changing vs changing): code
9b1Ic20.png

I really hate this problem because revealing a card removes it from the equation. The % chance for a card to be the right one doesnt magically get transferred to the other one, it goes from 33%-33%-33% to 50%-50%.
The idea is that it's always 33-33-33. And - if the problem is proposed correctly - that Monty only shows the doors that don't have the prize. This means that you had 2 possible situations: a) you had choosen wrong (66%), where monty then revealed the other incorrect card, making the last card 100% correct; b) you had choosen correctly (33%), where monty then reveals either card, making the last card 0% correct; So 66% of the time he left the correct card, and 33% of the time you already picked it. The whole solution relies on the fact that Monty is never allowed to reveal the correct card.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, the math is almost interesting... except the characters act like a Junior High Student in a math class, and I keep wondering why some soldier hasn't been quietly ordered to stab the fuck out of this snake-pit of fucking traitors and self-serving shitbags!

Cos, I'm telling you: I would love to see this math applied in an interesting isekai world... and not this shithole of a bass-ackwards failure of a "kingdom."

Users who are viewing this thread