Sword Art Online - Progressive

Group Leader
Yes, but they are behind, like all official translations.

Power Uploader
They aren't behind though, at least the scanlators aren't doing more recent chapters.
No idea why they did what Yen Press already did.

Tbh the only good SAO story out of all of them. Might actually bother to pay for the rest of the volumes if no one uploads more of this

Power Uploader
@Laplaz4869
Someone probably told the translator that they were awful and they realized that, indeed, you can't understand anything anyone is saying. You can find the chapters on other websites still.
Yen Press will release the final volume (with these chapters) in less than 3 weeks anyway, just wait for those to pop up online.

https://manganelo.com/chapter/sword_art_online_progressive/chapter_18

You're welcome. Fuck Nekyou, how fucking dare you. This is just one way to taint your reputation.

Dex-chan lover
I don't see how this is finished publishing at all. The latest one ends in a cliffhanger after all, and the LN is still going ....

Fed-Kun's army
As a standalone compared to SAO, this series is absolutely fantastic. It combines all the familiar characters and furthers their development and quirks in a more fantasy world than I felt with SAO. I feel Asuna and other characters that become mute later in the harem trope really shines better in this slower floor by floor arc.
Characters: 9/10 Plot: 7/10 Art: 9.5/10 (the reactions are great)

Also, the recent arc that gets dropped, the dark elf is bae even as an AI.

Fed-Kun's army
This is far better than the original series. Is it because of the artist? Or did Reki improve? Idk honestly.

Fed-Kun's army
@DooMWhitex

I've actually read the novel (a long time ago, my tastes were different tbh).

Back then, before the isekai mania took off, SAO was a new thing. The novel had a nice power fantasy going for it, but today there are tons of novels and manga that pull it off better.

I just dont think its relevant anymore.

On the other hand this manga focuses more on the characters. Its less about ”look, kirito strong” and more about small quirky stories involving the original cast. They feel more human. I like that.

Also the art. God damn. Awesome expressions and poses.

@plastic_sludge
I'm sorry, but I totally disagree, the manga destroys everything the novel tries to build, in the novel Kirito and Asuna couldn't even handle a 10 seconds conversation, but yet in the manga they speak like it's nothing, the manga for some random reason focuses on some ecchi comedy that's really rare until later(When Asuna has actually developed a personality) in the novel, in the novel Asuna has thoughts of killing herself when her weapon was stolen, in the manga it was treated as a funny moment, I think this is disrespectful for any of the novel fans that treats the story seriously.
There's tons and tons of examples of the manga destroying all the tension of the moment just for a random comedy joke, not gonna lie.
The worst one is that Asuna went throught various dramas in the novel and that changed how she acted, that was really ignored in the manga.

@DooMWhitex
I think the manga should be treated as a parody. The novel is great for obvious reasons but this manga really gives a different view to all the moments. I had a very nice time reading a comedic take on SAO Progressive.

@Biswa-kun I mean, we definitely SHOULD treat it as a parody(I even consider it a fanfic, both the story and art doesn't really remember SAO), but itself doesn't treats as one(Nothing explicit until now?).
The part that gets me mad is that this is literally more content for people to shit on SAO and that includes the novel Progressive, when that work is so fucking better than the rest.

@plastic_sludge I just realized, maybe you were talking about the main-series novel? I'm talking about the Progressive novel.
Cuz from what you said, it makes a lot more of sense if it's the main-series novel, if that was the case, then I again recommend the SAO Progressive novel.

Users who are viewing this thread