Tachinomi Izakaya de Kuudere Downer-kei Joshidaisei ga Tonari ni Kuru Hanashi - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Double-page supporter
Joined
Oct 26, 2025
Messages
80
Okay, hopping out here. It was fun with them teasing each other at first, but it's just become every chapter she drops super obvious hints and then he doesn't get it.
 
Double-page supporter
Joined
Feb 23, 2026
Messages
29
He isnt dense hes just respecting her wishes from an early chapter which she hasnt corrected him on and just wants him to read her mind; blame her.
Absolutely 1000% this. He's got almost 10 years on her. She's crushing on him and he's just living his life. Until she can show that she's interested in him has a person, be forward, and let him know her actual feelings, he'll continue to think she's just a kid crushing on a grown man.
 
Contributor
Joined
May 31, 2023
Messages
3,156
Honestly, that hairstyle threw me for a loop. Like did she accidentally cut it and decided to keep the excess to make it?

Like, someone could pull this off in real life but why in the fuck would you?
I can only speculate that this is about kitchen/hygiene regulations?
Like long hair being banned so she can take it off while cooking or something?
Or maybe it's not her hair/a colored extension or something :thonk:
But yeah, I'm as confused as you are, hence why I brought it up in my comment. Never seen something like this before, so I got curious whether that's an actual thing or just the artist being lazy/making a mistake...
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Sep 18, 2024
Messages
864
I can only speculate that this is about kitchen/hygiene regulations?
Like long hair being banned so she can take it off while cooking or something?
Or maybe it's not her hair/a colored extension or something :thonk:
But yeah, I'm as confused as you are, hence why I brought it up in my comment. Never seen something like this before, so I got curious whether that's an actual thing or just the artist being lazy/making a mistake...
Being that manga has had the wildest of all hair styles (god bless YuGiOh) this feels normal just unique and unexpected in a slice of life. It can't be a mistake as you can see the hair is tied up to form the loop that the hoop is attached to.

Author cooked.
 
Double-page supporter
Joined
Mar 12, 2023
Messages
92
I thought a whole 50 comments meant something crazy happened, but it’s just a bunch of pissed people that the MC is written to be a little dumb lol

That tracks, I’d be peeved too
 
Aggregator gang
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
249
I recall there was an age difference between them though not too large but that can definitely hold someone back especially the responsible kind of person the MC seems to be.
 
Dex-chan lover
Joined
Sep 30, 2024
Messages
205
He isnt dense hes just respecting her wishes from an early chapter which she hasnt corrected him on and just wants him to read her mind; blame her.
I would really like to agree because it would be more interesting, but honestly whatever internal thoughts we get from him don't really support this imo. He would definitely follow the wish to whatever degree he's aware, but I don't think it's much. Mostly he just seems dense.

Whenever we get a glimpse into his mind, he's always going on about whether he's clueless or missing what she's meaning, instead of him thinking how to respectfully follow her game or react to her jokes (or what he would thus consider as joking).
E.g. last chapter when he was invited, he thought about his smelly socks and whether it was overall "morally okay" to go in, not about whether she's joking and how to react to those possibilities.

Communication is also a two-way street. She's coming on so strong that an aware person would probably already be subtly poking her about that discrepancy in their banter, likely bringing about an answer to the "confusion" rather quickly. None of that here yet - he hasn't even thought about it as far as we know.

That being said I do agree that she's definitely not faultless. In fact him being dense would make it even more important for her to actually communicate more clearly. At least if she wants any progress :pacman:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top