Tada Shiawasena Isekai Kazoku Seikatsu - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - Audience with the King!!

Dex-chan lover
still cant really wrap my head around the fact that they have a full blown civilization but didn't have carts. When irl there is evidence of animal drawn carts being used as far back as 4,000 bce.

The other inventions i can suspend disbelief for but that one seems a bit stupid.

Dex-chan lover
still cant really wrap my head around the fact that they have a full blown civilization but didn't have carts. When irl there is evidence of animal drawn carts being used as far back as 4,000 bce.

The other inventions i can suspend disbelief for but that one seems a bit stupid.
It does seem like the civilization level is much further back than most series are. I get the feel of early copper era, which would put it in the 3,000 bce area. Depending on the type of civilization carts and wheels may just not be developed in that area. But yeah it does feel like that should have been a thing already.

Dex-chan lover
"does my father seem that untrustworthy" i mean he did just almost abuse his 2 year old son before the king stepped in and stopped it.

Dex-chan lover
"does my father seem that untrustworthy" i mean he did just almost abuse his 2 year old son before the king stepped in and stopped it.
Based on the advisor's reactions, what he did was very rude to the king. As bad as it is, any officially handed-down punishment would have been much worse.
For someone that's supposed to be smart Tidus sure is oblivious to the fact that the King is trying to get him together with his daughter.
At the very least, he wants her to learn from him. The arrangement is a win-win(-win) for the king.

Dex-chan lover
Man, this would be so much better without the harem part lol
Not gonna lie, those kids are kinda annoying...but they're KIDS!

Dex-chan lover
Based on the advisor's reactions, what he did was very rude to the king. As bad as it is, any officially handed-down punishment would have been much worse.

At the very least, he wants her to learn from him. The arrangement is a win-win(-win) for the king.
Dee did also seem reluctant about it

Dex-chan lover
yea he was super rude for asking for his grandparents to no longer be kept prisoner by the entitled little princess...

Group Leader
He's probably the pioneer of Asian Parent

Dex-chan lover
It does seem like the civilization level is much further back than most series are. I get the feel of early copper era, which would put it in the 3,000 bce area. Depending on the type of civilization carts and wheels may just not be developed in that area. But yeah it does feel like that should have been a thing already.
This.. Between the style of clothes, the bits of architecture that's shown, and the general level of technology, my guess would be the author took early Summerian as a base, and worked from there in a loose interpretation of an early city-state.

Note that while the earliest evidence of wheels are 3500 BCE Summerian and caught on pretty quickly in Eurasia, there's also plenty places where they weren't used, or in the case of the Americas never "invented".
While the wheel is considered a major invention, it's applicabiiity in many natural terrains ranges from limited to utterly useless, and there's been many highly developed civilisations that did fine without the wheel, and happily used oxen/horses/donkeys/mules/camels/llamas/elephants in combination with sleds where possible instead.

Users who are viewing this thread