Tag Limiting and/or Tag Voting?

I like using tags to find new titles, but I've noticed most series often have way too many tags, including tags that don't seem to apply to them.

Here's an example from my reading list: Shangri-La Frontier, a VRMMO manga that I would describe as an adventure-comedy has 19 tags, including survival, zombies, and drama... none of which are present in the manga. It has the Slice of Life tag too, which is so hopelessly polluted that almost none of the results on that tag seem to be actual slice of life stories.

Maybe new series can be limited to 5 tags or less? Or maybe there can be some kind of community review process for tags, so that if inappropriate tags are found they can be challenged?

I hope we can do something, because over-tagging genuinely makes it harder to find new manga to read.

Upvote 2
Contributor
When you find manga that has tags that don't apply, or doesn't have tags that apply, then just report it.

Power Uploader
I like using tags to find new titles, but I've noticed most series often have way too many tags, including tags that don't seem to apply to them.

Here's an example from my reading list: Shangri-La Frontier, a VRMMO manga that I would describe as an adventure-comedy has 19 tags, including survival, zombies, and drama... none of which are present in the manga. It has the Slice of Life tag too, which is so hopelessly polluted that almost none of the results on that tag seem to be actual slice of life stories.

Maybe new series can be limited to 5 tags or less? Or maybe there can be some kind of community review process for tags, so that if inappropriate tags are found they can be challenged?

I hope we can do something, because over-tagging genuinely makes it harder to find new manga to read.
I've seen some series that are 50+ chapters long, but it has X tag because 1 page out of the 1,000 so far had X in it, even though the series isn't really about X. Or series with the time-travel tag just because the MC was reincarnated into the past/future, but there's no actual time travel.

I agree that some titles are over-tagged, but I haven't seen any firm guidance to specify how much of X thing must be in a series to qualify it for a tag. Though like @Nexxurio mentioned, if a tag is blatantly wrong (and you're caught up with the series so you know it isn't something that gets introduced later), then report it.

Users who are viewing this thread