Tags and Language issues + site theme doesn't change.

When I go to search > Checkboxes > Pick random thing > Tag inclusion All > Tag exclusion all.

What ends up happening is that I get things outside of the tags that I have checked off. This wouldn't be an issue if the tag was still present in those titles, however if I check the "yaoi" or "shounen ai" checkboxes and then hit search, and find out that 90% of the results are action manga with tags like isekai and only a few of them actually include the tags that I am looking for, it makes searching for these manga difficult.

This ONLY happens when I include multiple tags however. For instance if i'm looking for "yaoi" that is also "full color", "long strip", and "web comic" I tend to get a huge amount of random crap not related to yaoi at all.

Is this issue due to the website not allowing you to look for a format and a genre at the same time?

Moving on to the language issue. I have in my settings "filter chapter languages english" and "filter interface english" however when I search for manga I still get non translated manga being shown in my search results, and when I click on them it tells me there're no chapters in my selected language. It's my understanding that these manga shouldn't even show up in my search results in the first place due to my settings.

Last but not least I tried to change the sites theme from light to all the other options and hit save, only for it to refresh the page with white selected again.

Dex-chan lover
@Gremmy I've tested the search and it works fine to me. Maybe it's something on your end.

Same with theme change. Are you using mobile or pc? If on Pc, see if you have any adblock or scriptblock enabled, if yes disable them for MD. If on mobile, what's your browser?

As for search results, of course it will still show you the manga listings. It's just chapters in languages outside of your chosen filter won't show up, hence "no chapters in your selected language" message.

Dex-chan lover
@MavB_Ver Unless OP has input exclude tags, that option doesn't change anything. If (s)he searches for include all tags yaoi, full color, long strip, no exclude tags then the results remain the same. If anything, I think OP might have mistaken between exclude and include tag sections. That's the only scenario where random series not related to what they search would show up.

@Yatsuki I'm on pc and the problem with the theme not changing was due to me having mangadex open in 2 different tabs, but when I closed the other one the changes went through.

What i'm experiencing in regards to the tags, I've got no crossed out genres, only empty ones and check marked ones. I've only got 4 things checked right now testing it; yaoi, web comic, long strip, and full color. I've got (Any / or) selected for both inclusion and exclusion which is bringing up random manga unrelated to my search. Tried it with (All) and it seems to have fixed it, so I guess I found out the issue with that.

In regards to manga showing up not in my language, is there a way to change this? When I search, every other manga that catches my eye turns out to have 0 translated chapters in my language, thus giving me false hope that the manga might be in english. I'll at least bring it up in a suggestions post on the forums and see if other people want that kind of feature.

Users who are viewing this thread