Taihou to Stamp - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Beyond the Arctic Circle

Nice! a bit of info on her~

Though we still don't know why she was convicted, or would she go back to jail after the war is over.

Group Leader
@LGBG
I doubt it was something serious. She has criminal upbringing as she was born and raised in Khitrovka. Probably she was arrested as a repeat felon.
As for of she comes back to prison after the war, it's unlikely. As I recall, a general practice in a war time was that a prison sentence is replaced with army service.
What is indeed intriguing is how she managed to get into the Logistic Forces being an illiterate.

Group Leader
Observation: Question "You are not Red?"can be interpreted as "You are not communist?".
In Grand Duchy, communists seem to be known issue, but most probably October Revolution never happened, or failed miserably (which by the way makes alliance with Empire slightly less improbable).

Group Leader
@Irian
Yes, it's implied that the Spark party is a communist one. Or something in this vein. Whether or not there was an attempted revolution, workers movement is still bound to exist.
It was never implied that the Grand Duchy is communist. It's a duchy after all, ruler by the Grand Duke.

Group Leader
@Irian
Regarding the war and the alliance.
It's implied that the Republic somewhat recently turned into a borderline dictatorship, with atrocities, human rights violations (if such a concept exists in-universe) and everything.
The Empire is trying to be a power to deal with, and projects its influence through this war hiding behind a noble cause.
As for the Grand Duchy, I suppose it's in it for a landgrab. The Black Sea coast, especially Crimea was a pivotal point in Russian-Ottoman relations in our history, it's the same in here I suppose. Thwarting the Reds with stricter laws of the wartime is also a major reason. Maybe some economic benefits. Or just simple warmongering, but there is no evidence for that.
The Empire and the Grand Duchy being monarchies (as well as the other mentioned power, the Kingdom) are likely to rally up against a non-royalist country despite their differences.

Group Leader
@Ostermann
Makes sense. If in this universe Partitions of Poland never happened, the biggest reason for intense hatred between Grand Duchy and Empire would not exist, and only thing left would be old history with Moscow occupation - it is clearly possible to create this kind of alliance, especially with listed reasons.
It is worth noting that Commonwealth/Empire had long history of pretty hardcore wars with Republic/Ottomans, so it is possible to be another reason for their participation in war.

@Irian I think it's safe to assume that after Żółkiewski took over Moscow Polish king agreed with boyars' demands and allowed his soon to convert to Orthodox faith and rule over Moscow Duchy. This would explain not only alliance of the two countries, but also Żółkiewski's medal and Poles serving on high positions in the Duchy's military (Radwańska).

Group Leader
@Kaarin
Doubt that.
Moreover, Radwanska is not in the Grand Duchy's military. She's Imperial through and through. Even her uniform, badges of rank and insignias are totally different. She is the Chief of Staff of the Imperial Army stationed in Agezoko.
And it's not uncommon to grant medals and other decorations to a soldier of an allied army.
The history diverged even earlier, apparantely. During the Time of Troubles Russia had already formed as the Tsardom of Russia, but here we still have the Grand Duchy.

Users who are viewing this thread