Taimashi to Akuma-chan

Anyone else hates the new-old girl? i dont know she rubs me the wrong way and i cant pinpoint why... also is this series completed?

Double-page supporter
@ikikjk If you took two seconds to scroll up, or maybe even one second, you could look at the status just above the view counter... mmm Y'our w'elcome.

ughEVERYTIME I READ THIS MANGA
I SMILE AND GET ALL FLUFFY BECAUSE ITS SOOOO CUTEEEEE
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCKKKKKKK WHY IS THIS SOO ADORABLEEE!!!~~~
giphy.gif

I swear this uncle is the uwu-est of all uncles in mangas. can i get one like this irl pls ☹

Group Leader
Is there a Site where I can read the raws? I see this is actually finished someone can Tell me the ending?

Group Leader
For people that keep asking for raw.
@BreathOven @Sh https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B07V9ZD26M?ref_=dbs_p_mng_rwt_ser_shvlr&storeType=ebooks

Group Leader
@Naabii this is like saying on a Pirate gaming Site to buy the game. Im reading manga here bacuse I cant buy manga in my country(hungary). Usually stuff like this arrives after 3-4 months but I probably Will be able to read the manga here before IT arrives . So whats the point of buying IT? I buy manga I really like , like houseki no kuni and honzuki no gekokujou . But this is not like them I like this but not As much As those Im just curious about the ending because this series has already endend and I hate reading/whatching something if IT has a bad ending Thats why I asked.

Group Leader
@Naabii sad. Welp not like it's not that bad(I mean theres no tragedy tag 😂) so im not too curious but I love to read forward if it's avalaible

Dex-chan lover
So I find myself extremely squeamish about this manga. It has two problems:

A) The depiction of a clearly underage-coded fmc being infatuated with clearly adult mc, who instead of shooting her down keeps playing with her, while assuming a seemingly parental role. Nothing in my opinion exemplifies this dynamic better than the ending, in which the main characters undergo a ceremony clearly modeled on a marriage (and other characters comment on that, so it's seen that way in-character, too), including exchanging rings and all - except when the girl goes for a kiss on the lips, the guy smirks and suggests she settles with kissing the back of his hand. As for me, that alone takes the manga past ambiguous titles like Bread and My Momo and right to stuff like Usagi Drop. If the classic meme template were to be applied, the one about hating videogames because they "appeal to the male fantasy" - the fantasy this manga seems to appeal to is pedophilic grooming, and I am not really comfortable with that.

B) The depiction of the reason for aforementioned infatuation, which isn't the mc being great in any way, or putting effort into the relationship, or anything - it's just the lack of abuse previously normal in fmc's life. I understand that's a common enough trope in manga to explain romance without mc having to do anything but being a halfway decent human being, but it doesn't make it any better. The two do not even really meaningfully communicate; they barely do stuff together other than eating; they learn each other's names like halfway into the manga.

Those problems, and particularly (A), are like the mirror from the Snow Queen - once stuck in your eye, they make the scenes that seemed innocent and wholesome appear grotesque and downright uncomfortable. Stuff like giving an essentially homeless girl cookies or a new dress, with her exaggerated joyous reactions, looks ominous when you think of it as pedophile fantasy scenarios under an extremely thin veneer of dogwhistle deniability.

Users who are viewing this thread