Takane no Ran-san

Not sure if it's different in Japan, but purple lilacs mean first emotions of love, while white ones mean innocence. The meaning given in the manga is different though, so don't know.

Also, how do I attach a spoiler tag to my comments? Not sure if this is slightly spoilerish or not.

Dex-chan lover
Enclose your text in [_spoiler] text goes here [/_spoiler]
Just remove the underscores before spoiler.

Dex-chan lover
@Caul
Flowers have different meanings between different cultures, like some colors get different meanings. In some countries, white means purity, birth... In others, it means death. Same thing happen with flowers and their colors.

Hihi Chibi! can you post a little faster? like please 0 - 0 But tysm for translating and I relz appreciate you!!!!

Dex-chan lover
@Caul @Elfteiroh

As Elfteiroh said, the "flower language" is different between Japan and the West (and there are even differences within Western usage). In the West, the great flowering (heh) of popularity for this kind of symbolism took place in the 1800s, with meaning being assigned to every flower. But some flowers have had meanings since Antiquity. In the East, flower language has been in relatively common usage since pretty much forever -- I understand that there are references to flower symbolisms in poems going back to Han dynasty China. With two such distant cultures independently practicing an art (communicating via floral symbolism), it is not surprising that the "language" should differ.

Would like to read this but since it's Chibi manga updates will be scarce and I will forget everything that happened by the time the next chapter is out... :/

my review (as of ch2):
+ cute and wholesome
+ cliche free
+ decent art
+ reasonable protagonists
+ doesn't seem to be love at first sight

- characters mildly boring
- (right now not) much character development potential = boring
- possible theme overuse
- a predictable kind of shoujo manga
- update speed seems abysmal

This manga has been licensed by Kodansha digital, it’s available for purchase till volume 3 (for now), visit Kodansha website for more information.
English official name: Ran the peerless beauty
Link (official) : https://kodanshacomics.com/series/ran-the-peerless-beauty/

Hmmm, I quite agree with what Yeonha's said in some parts. Especially it's soothing that can be rather boring.
It's sweet, but not really kicks in.
But I feel this is very natural in terms of the process, whether how often the theme is overused.
Both characters can stand in equal. I think it's good because they were not made as god-like creatures with many wild imaginations by people around them. This also might be the first time where I feel nothing special with the two main characters.

When I read the first 2 chapters, I wasn't in their world yet, but the addiction slowly increased.
On the other side, to be honest, I still feel Sakura to Sensei works better. A world based only belongs to both of them. But it doesn't concern the instability of teenager's love life which is good.

This manga is less fun after getting into a new challenge in their relationship (remember, this is a review per more than 15 chapters on OM).

Double-page supporter
I wish someone would pick this up....
i really enjoyed this one and i love how each chapter have a flower theme

For those wondering, this has an official translation! you can buy the manga AND support the author (which gives them more reason to continue with the series) on comixology! Please support the mangaka if you can!!!!

a little info for you guys, this is complete at 10 volumes, the first 8 are officially translated and available on nyaa. As such I kinda don't see this getting fan-translated, but who knows.

just finished the available english volumes (there're currently 8 volumes that are officially translated) and its such a wholesome read w/o any unnecessary drama, i also love the art and the lovable characters, not to mention that i absolutely love the adorable fl, even though she's very shy you can see how much effort she puts into everything (and shes totally my type too HEHE), totally recommend to anyone that's looking for a very pure and cute shoujo !!

Users who are viewing this thread