Takopi’s Original Sin - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - To All of You in 2016

Contributor
The only way this ending makes sense to me is that Takopi's sacrifice somehow allowed both girls to see each other's memories, from previous time loops. Such a thing happening would allow them to suddenly understand how both of them were living very crappy lives and were needlessly hurting each other. It's the bad adults that are the source of the problem in this story (especially Marina's scummy dad), and these girls suffered a lot with them.

Unless I missed something, Shizuka's backstory is less well developed, we do not know why her father left, but it could be that 1) her father cheated on her mother and eventually divorced her, then her mother fell into the trap of prostitution to sustain themselves. Or 2) her mother was a prostitute from the start and got pregnant with her from a customer (her bio dad who was already married to someone else).

Shizuka is older than her two half-sisters though, so I'm leaning towards 1) especially since he pretended not to know who she was years later, because infidelity on his part was likely involved and he wanted to hide it from his new kids; and in 2) a prostitute's customer isn't ever gonna be a dad for Shizuka for any amount of time, enough to leave her with brief memories of having a father and even leave a dog to be her pet.

Aggregator gang
From the abrupt ending I'm assuming this series got cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread