TakuTore! - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Suboccipital Muscle Massage

Group Leader
Thanks for the translation, good chapter it just seems like you have uploaded the wrong page 8 :notlikethis:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I hate that they're making this a love triangle. Like, the fmc is obviously gonna win, and she's a nice enough person.

But the childhood friend has been around this entire time no matter what he looks like. It sucks one of them has to get hurt, when the story didn't really need that.

Double-page supporter
Just in case I'll put this here

Page 8

Top panel

"Huh?"

"They're not dating...?"

"No way..."

2nd panel

"I think it's okay to say we're friends"

"But I don't know what Ril-chan thinks of me"

3rd panel

"Though that happened"

"Everything was normal when we met just recently..."

4th panel

"But I don't mind whatever she thinks"

"As long as I can like Ril-chan, that's fine"

Dex-chan lover
Ah well, it was bound to happen I guess.
The childhood-friend going for the MC after waiting 15 years for the main girl to appear....
I really hate this trope, but what can you do?
Thanks for the chapter!

Group Leader
Fyi page 8 is still in Japanese.

@RaginRajin Page 8 is still in Japanese (looks like a WIP edit was uploaded instead of the finished one).

w chap but page 8 is in japanese lol

Thanks for the translation, good chapter it just seems like you have uploaded the wrong page 8 :notlikethis:

Haha I trolled you all! This was an insight in to scanlation and totally NOT my fuck up while I was working on a page! BWAHAH. AHHA. HAHAHAHAAHA.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Just in case I'll put this here

Page 8

Top panel

"Huh?"

"They're not dating...?"

"No way..."

2nd panel

"I think it's okay to say we're friends"

"But I don't know what Ril-chan thinks of me"

3rd panel

"Though that happened"

"Everything was normal when we met just recently..."

4th panel

"But I don't mind whatever she thinks"

"As long as I can like Ril-chan, that's fine"

Our TL believes it's from her point of view so the 3rd panel certainly needs some debate! Please join our server so we can talk about it! She saw them kiss in chapter 10 so it would make sense that she's thinking ....'you're not dating even though THAT happened?! | in narration box form. What do you think?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Our TL believes it's from her point of view so the 3rd panel certainly needs some debate! Please join our server so we can talk about it! She saw them kiss in chapter 10 so it would make sense that she's thinking ....'you're not dating even though THAT happened?! | in narration box form. What do you think?
Yeah that box definitely could feel like it's her perspective there. On that note, the box currently has, "Even though that happened. Their previous meetings were all normal." which reads a bit dry, like it's not properly conveying the emotion felt, so I went and checked it.

Comparing to raws, one thing immediately stood out to me [あんなこと] "anna koto" is used to express surprise, disbelief, or dissatisfaction about something that has happened or is happening with a negative connotation, and that it likely ISN'T from her perspective. it's written as, [あんなことが あったけど この前 会った時は 全然普通だったし] which I'd write as something like, "But, after something like that happened... when we last met, everything was completely normal", which could convey how reserved her views are, though with a bit of hope from what he'd just said (which is crushed in the following panels, as we see on the first two panels of the next page), while simultaneously not trying to force it to be from her perspective when it doesn't read as such in the original, and leaves it slightly ambiguous, where it is also Taku thinking that as part of his continuation of the previous panel, which you've translated as, "Ril-chan never said anything, so I have no idea"; so basically it's him thinking that, "I don't know what she thinks of me, but she kissed me, but things have been normal ever since we last met, too...", or the usual concerns of a youth who has been kissed then suddenly treated normally afterwards.

On a related note, the previous panel with Taku speaking feels a bit overly confident; [友達…って 言ってもいい とは思う!] should be more like, "Friends? Yeah, I think that it's okay to call us that!" and [でもリルちゃんが 俺のことどう 思ってるかは知らん] should be more like, "...Though, that said, I don't know what Ril-chan thinks about me.", at least in my opinion; Taku has always been rather honest (to a fault, I'd say) but also a bit cowardly.

Group Leader
I thought I missed something from the last chapter when literally the first page of this chapter starts with "it seems they are going out". Glad it was only a misunderstanding because I'm rooting for the friend!

Okay can the romance step aside and then the "Taku Training" begin? Thank you.

Double-page supporter
Hmm yeah, I think what you wrote makes sense. She did see Ril kissing Taku, but then they act like nothing, causing her to act like such.

Dex-chan lover
At this point, if the present isn't her, let's be honest, Yomiha has no chance whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread