Tales of Demons and Gods - Ch. 280

@Shyning I may be way off base with this but from what I understand, this series is licensed by MangaToon and Hatigarm is working with them making their releases official(?). If that is accurate and legit, I have a feeling Hatigarm would get into a bit of trouble for uploading their scans here.

Power Uploader
@kyokugen it may be true for tales of demons and gods, but what about other manhua, I have talked to Mangadex Mod and they said that Hatigram quit Mangadex and also deleted all their chapters.
and the other manhua are not licensed, Sooo........

Group Leader
@Kyokugen this definitely has nothing to do with MangaToon.
MangaToon's quality is really low-end, I wouldn't believe Hatigarm has any hands in this, take a look at the latest free chapter (264 on MangaToon, which does not even match the author's release numbering).
Maybe for their last chapters then ? I don't know about the paid ones.

Whatever. In any case, if they were hands in hands with MangaToon, an official publisher (despite being trash), they wouldn't be allowed to host and release their scans on their own (Hatigarm's) website for free. This would basically be counter-productive for MangaToon as their readers would just go to Hati's website rather than MT's (which requires readers to pay).
I'd like to see where you heard that from, as to me, this merely sounds like baseless rumors. I believe the only group that pulled this off rather nicely are Meraki Scans (what I mean is that they managed to work with some official publishers).

On MD's end, there's also this kind of partnership with MangaPlus as well for the big-shot titles. They are not hosted on MDs and redirect to MangaPlus, but this still means MP is viewing MD as platform worth dealing with, rather than a platform they'd want to see taken down. Which is really something I never thought would happen. A scans group pulling off a real partnership is incredibly less surprising (but still a big) than an aggreg (not in demeaning way, being MD) actually being noticed in a positive light (or at least, not in a negative one).
My bad, mistook this in my memories. This was posted along the "Affiliates" update that they'd add MP links. Hence why I remembered a partnership, but MD made clear it's only MD doing it, MP doesn't have anything to do with this.

@Satyam_SSJ10 Yeah, I'm definitely not defending when they left. I spent some time reading through what went down when those groups left and it didn't leave me with a good impression of them. I meant this more as a reason why they couldn't come back.

@Shyning I wish I could give you the source of where I originally heard it. Hatigarm started making the claim around chapter 254. They've been including that they're collaborating with MangaToon in their credit pages. I went ahead and downloaded the app to test it out. Episode 477 on MangaToon is chapter 279.5 and it is Hatigarm's translation. What you say makes sense though. I can't think of a good reason why MangaToon would allow them to continue hosting translations on their own site.

That's really good and interesting to hear about MD and MangaPlus. I hope that is something they can use to stay afloat.

Group Leader
@Kyokugen the MangaPlus thing's been around for quite some time now so I guess it's here to stay. It's not a paid partnership, it's in favor of MangaPlus but it's a sign of recognition nonetheless and MD definitely had nothing to lose either, it's a great move for both. My bad, it's only MD doing it on their own.

If you say that it's Hatigarm's translation then maybe they struck a deal like Meraki's did with Solo Leveling, with the publisher "buying" the translated chapters. Not sure what happens after that tho, if they still translate it for them etc. Meraki had to drop it and stop releasing it on their website. They also removed the chapters bought by the publisher (all).
Which seems way more normal in my opinion, I can't see how Hatigarm could still be allowed to publish on their website AND get paid for publishing it with MangaToon. Unless MangaToon are also very bad at business ? I can't tell honestly, if they indeed used Hati's translations and keep using their services... well, that's all good for Hatigarm really. If MangaToon bought the chapters, it's no surprise they'd remove it from here. About the other series tho, I don't know.

Whatever, it's too much thinking for my brain at 5 AM and it's definitely not something I care much about either.
I just find silly to blame someone uploading on MD because they are "sniping" someone who isn't, when the whole purpose for the readers here is to group everything they read into one place, as much as possible.

Power Uploader
@Shyning What you are saying is indeed true, Mangatoon takes 10 points for 1 chapter, and 1$ = 100 Points, So it is a great loss for Mangatoon to let Hatigram scan publish it on their site unless Hatigram publishes first on Mangatoon and then 3 days later on their site, also aggregator site steals the scans from Hatigram as soon as they publish manhua. So I think that something is happening behind our backs, and I think that MangaToon is not a fool to let them publish on their site ( hatigram ), Well Mangatoon also hires Chinese Translators in their app and gives them about 200~400 points for a good translation. Mangakakalot is a famous site which gets 100,000 views per chapter release of TODG, equivalent to 1 million points or 10,000$ for Mangatoon. and 2 chapters are released per week so 80,000$ per month, It is a huge loss for Mangatoon.

Something is off.
@Kyokugen

Aggregator gang
@Shyning Where did you hear about the partnership between MP and MD? From what I heard MD just redirects link to MP so people are able to still discuss chapters here, I doubt MP would associate with MD.

Fed-Kun's army
@Shyning Just here to say that it's true that Hatigarm is the official translation team for TODG since they have a deal with MangaToon in which they can release the translated chapters on their site after a set time frame. If you're interested it's explained in there faq channel on their discord.

Users who are viewing this thread