Tales of Demons and Gods - Ch. 286.5

@HDMI1
Chinese manhua (espesialy wuxia and martial art stuff) often contain world "tier"
it's more likely she's from a higger tier world

wuxia often start their adventure in lower world and later in reach higger world where the cultivation base and component are way higger class
so every wuxia should be tagged as isekai, but isekai still don't realy fit how the "wuxia" world are ordered.

@HDMI1 the term isekai doesn't relate well with chinese cultivation stuff, so @Blackbird kinda have a point and @PlexusDuMenton explained the differences pretty well with the lower/middle/upper tier, where in each tier there are worlds/galaxies/clusters and they can travel between planets/worlds and or lower to upper tiers as long as said character is strong enough to do it, sometimes there are even transportation services for it(depending on the story)

i think isekai does relate if the story have parallel universe and or different settings (eg. no cultivation and more about game system or technology or swords n magic kinda stuff). yu yan is from a different world yes, but the cultivation setting is the same.. and since it's chinese cultivation story, safe to assume it's a higher tier world than a parallel one

If I remember correctly he was able to absorb the soul to get some kind of power up. Doesn't look like that here.
(In the LN I mean)

Dex-chan lover
@PlexusDuMenton As far as I know, the isekai tag refers to a situation where the MC is transferred from a world that resembles ours to an alternate (fantasy) world of some kind. So, some magician/cultivator originating from one fantasy world moving into another fantasy world wouldn't get an isekai tag. It's just simple fantasy. Of course I could be wrong. I don't pay awfully lots of attention to the tags.

Users who are viewing this thread