Tales of Demons and Gods - Ch. 293

Dex-chan lover
the most saddest chapter in the entire novel.
and the demon lord still got away with it

Dex-chan lover
Way better translation that the other translation! Thanks for the work! Keep it up!

Appreciate the much better quality translation!

I'm kind of surprised something this bad is actually happening in the story. I think this is the first time Nie Li has been on the losing side of anything in his reincarnation. Pretty curious to think what will come of this.

Feels out of place for Nie Li to sit there and do nothing. If demon lord had done the same thing to his waifus I bet the plot would turn in on itself to where he somehow saves them. @FeyFelyne Forced plot indeed.

Of course Nie Li couldn't do anything. Demon Lord is MUCH more powerful than him.
Nie Li could probably hold off against him for a bit, but that's it. Guess we can expect him to triple his efforts to become even stronger after this.

@unjust I don't consider it forced plot, if Nie Li decided to risk fighting the Demon Lord, and he somehow finds a way to beat the Demon Lord, even with hostages, that would be worse storytelling. Here, Nie Li is shown to be not his usual smug self like when he fought previous enemies. He doesn't have a quick answer how to beat him. Afterall, the Demon Lord was hyped up to be so strong, and is the biggest threat in the Little World. So far he hasn't disappointed.

Man, it feels like really weak writing here. This whole encounter with the demon lord feels like it's been squished and forced into the story here. I know this fight has been alluded to for a while now but it feels like all the prep work that Nie Li set up has been brushed aside for the sake of progressing the plot quicker.

I get that he's getting his ass kicked here and that is probably what the author wants for some reinvigorated redemption arc. But isn't the whole point of a rebirth manga so that the MC stays one step ahead of what happened in the past?

Maybe I'm just confused because I have only read the story once and I'm forgetting some plot. But isn't the demon lord's attack meant to coincide with a beast wave? Am I getting the plot twisted up?

Thanks for reading

P.S. Back when Nie Li was super weak didn't he tangle with Ye Zong and mention to himself that even though Ye Zong was far stronger he had some self-sacrifice techniques to boost his power? Surely this situation is considerable enough to warrant that?

Edit: Mispell

@Macy well the author is madsnail... even the novel isn't finished and new chap comes out like once a month so it progressing hella slow. it's normal for readers that read from long ago to forget some stuff now 😉

u may not remember but so far there are hints where things aren't going exactly as mc remember. that includes the time for when demon horde invade glory city. is also why the temporal demon spirit book isn't where it was supposed to be, things are slowly diverging from his memories. plus there are things he changed himself such as saving ning'er early on, offing sacred family to extinction, saving duan jian, saving goddess yuyan, and lots lots more that i also don't remember lol. but yea it's different from a certain point, even though nie li try to stay a step ahead.. certain things start happening differently from his memory; probably author's attempt to make things more unpredictable, who knows 😆

demon lord did mentioned his opinion to nie li. that nie li have too many 'weaknesses' aka ppl close/dear to him. who knows maybe he's just trying to give nie li his honest advice? it seems twisted and of course he's portrayed as the bad guy but remember, demon lord might not be this way originally. way back in the chapters when nie li was told the story of demon lord's origins, demon lord was just a starving boy in glory city that got saved/adopted by an old man, simply said that savior of his got killed by the big family(sorta like big family such as sacred family, forgot the family name).. demon lord then went under the radar, reappeared much stronger later to massacre said big family alone to avenge his savior. after that he vanished from glory city and somehow became dark guild's master.

as for ye zong it's the usual drama situation in most cultivation story for the mc and gang as motivation to get stronger, i could say more but it will be spoiler past that point 😖

don't click if don't wana b spoiled
there's a way to resurrect ye zong, which much much later on he will be resurrected but with a small surprise lol no worries it's not gender-bender or anything. ye zong is still ye zong. as for demon lord, he might not be an enemy after all? an enemy of my enemy is my friend kinda thing coz of sage emperor 🤔 dno if they still gona b enemies if sage emperor as the common enemy is gone though

Some reader I thought they think why nie li don't have preparation for attack of demon lord. The reason why this situation happen so bad in the side of nie li because nie li before got reincarnated the only memory he have about the conflict about glory city and demon Lord is only when the glory city attacked by beast wave and after that is nothing more so in conclusion from the time beast wave done, it's now in big different faith glory city has now so we don't need now to depend on nie li's memory so defend the city.

Users who are viewing this thread