Tales of Demons and Gods - Ch. 299.5

@AlmondMagnum It’s not about whether there’s somebody to protect him or not. He would be sent to the worst campus, away from all the others of his world. And within school campus grounds, there’s no fighting. That’s protection enough. If he can’t even challenge those odds, then how did he ever expect to challenge the Heavens?

@Kayriel Myriad basically means ‘A humongous or extremely large number.’ Whether it’s 10,000 or 100,000,000, it’s all the same. However, it also means ‘A unit of 10,000’. So saying 10,000 myriad is redundant. ‘Myriad’ alone is enough to describe that they’re 10,000 different Dragon Roars, because no two natural things under the Heavens are exactly the same. It can also be used synonymously with ‘cornucopia’, which means many different things.

@godofshade It’s not filler. It’s completely canon. This entire manhua has been ridiculously religious to the novel, not skipping anything or adding filler.

Double-page supporter
@1000sunny

Friend, you must be new to the xianxia genre. They use 'myriad' for everything. As well as heavenly, dragon, sword, earthly, and immortal.

@Kayriel Friend, none of that makes a difference. Use a dictionary once and a while and you won’t have to rely on guessing to know whether non-native English speaking translators used a word correctly or not. And I’m not new to the genre. I know it’s used a lot, but it’s used to describe that there’s a very large number of something that, yes, can very in size, shape and appearance.

If I said, “This city has myriad people,” obviously that means both large numbers and variety. OBVIOUSLY!! If it said ‘myriad trees,’ or ‘myriad fish,’ or ‘myriad rocks,’ you would have immediately known that they would NOT all be the same, right? So what is the difference?

Double-page supporter
@1000sunny

Seems you accidentally took that as an insult or something given the unnecessarily volatile response.

Or you're just normally an ass to people who are making conversation. Either or.

@Kayriel I’m sorry if you misunderstood, but that was not volatile even in the slightest. I merely answered with the same ‘matter of fact’ attitude that you did me. And I wasn’t insulted in the least. Also, I’m quite certain that if I was insulted, it wouldn’t have been an accident. I can read pretty well. If it’s about the all caps words, just trying to lay it on a little thick to make sure you understand that it was indeed redundant since we went through this more than once.

Users who are viewing this thread