Tales of Demons and Gods - Ch. 317.5

I hope she became good and added to his harem. I think she was just affected by the bad environment she grew up in in the past life.

But with the MC giving her advice should help her reach enlightenment.

Dex-chan lover
@macroblitz: Actually, even during Nie Li's previous run, Long Yuyin wasn't really a bad person (though she was a hot-headed individual who did like to flaunt her powers).
As for why Long Yuyin had killed Nie Li's Master (aka., Ying Yueru) in the previous timeline, its because there was a reason behind it, something to do with a Taboo (which we would learn about in some chapters).

Supporter
So, I like quite a lot how the redemption of this girl is coming up, but I am sad because she is probably not going to be relevant for long. That is what my guts are telling me :(

Fed-Kun's army
I think Nie Li's harem is fine as it is now, dump this yuyin bitch. She got what she deserved

Also im glad this TL came out first

@Morose

What are you talking about? She was a horrible person in his past life. She was a horrible person in this life as well, until she met Nie Lie. The difference between the two timelines is that in the previous timeline, nobody ever stood up to her or put her in her place, which led to her becoming an even worse person as she grew more powerful. In this timeline, someone actually challenged her and exerted more power than she had, while also pointing out some of her flaws, which immediately led her to self-reflecting. Since she believes in power, she takes what Nie Lie said seriously.

It's easy to feel sorry for her because she's a girl and she's whining to herself, but you can't just make stuff up like "she was never actually bad" because of it.

Dex-chan lover
And on our left, you'll see the definition of a fuckboi simp. Even after getting his balls crushed, he still cares for this bitch.

I'm sure because of plot, she'll become a slightly better person cause of MC beating her down a few notches, but she's still a fucking cunt. Yall are too damn nice, or are simps as well. I sure as hell hope she doesn't show up again after this arc.

Dex-chan lover
Alright, let's set some idiots straight. Long Yuyin was an absolutely horrible person in the past life (as far as Nie Lie know, there might be a twist somewhere). We don't know when she became a horrible person or did horrible things, so there's a solid chance she's not worthy of hate at this moment in the new timeline -- and that seems to be what the author's going for. The only thing we've seen from Long Yuyin so far is incredible arrogance. Her first appearance is threatening her clingy fiance and becoming disappointed when he backs off. So she doesn't have any respect for those beneath her (power-wise) or wants a good fight. Honestly, that's pretty average for nobles in this world and it's not like she's anywhere near the worse example of that behavior. And she kinda has to be forceful or her voice won't matter at all in a male-oriented society (see Xio Ning'Er).

Yuyin's first words to Nie Lie is "I didn't expect you to get this high. Hahaha. However, with your lowly status, this should be your limit, is it not?" Nie Li hates her because of his past life, so he fires back, questioning how good she is without her family and calling her trash without their resources. The he insults her bloodline, calls her a bully, accuses her of dominating other people and suggests that her tongue should be cut out and pan-fried. After a bit more back-and-forth, Nie Li challenges Long Yuyin to a duel.

From Long Yuyin's viewpoint, she's just needling someone to get a good fight going or due to arrogance. This is like 99% of the people we see in this story, good or bad. Nie Li is definitely overreacting here compared to his actions towards other arrogant assholes so far, but, from his perspective, this is completely justified given Yuyin's horrific actions in the past life.

"Scram!" instead of "Get lost gay" Well, that's a disappointing translation.

Jokes aside, good chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@ConBruh bro are you joking? Compared to vmanhua's version, this one is fucking amazing

anw here's to hoping Nie Li will crush that simp

rough translation but if you have anything to say about it.. Get Lost Gay lmao...I see people are conflicted but this is more of the, would you kill baby hitler allegory. She will become a monster so should she get punished now before she does? What if this makes her a even worse monster.....

Dex-chan lover
@Goyal99Raj

Great analysis
I for one, completely agree.

Nie Li himself more or less admits to overreacting but does it anyway to take out his frustration.
And that´s not going into the quagmire of the whole thing with "your future self is evil, so I'm going to punish you for something you haven't done yet"

That said from the view of somebody who hasn't read the novel, there is an argument to be made that the different worlds might treat the genders differently.
We don´t know for sure if it's just a thing in the tiny world or if every world out there looks down on submissive/less forceful women.
So unless there are more examples of this then just Xio Ning'Er, its not really fair to use that as an excuse for her behaviour.

So Nie Lie's master is Master Wuxiang? Or is that the old dude? But apparently this gal knows about the Virtuous as Water bit.

Was finally able to read this second half
anyone else have trouble loading the page when the chapter was uploaded

Users who are viewing this thread