Tales of Reincarnation in Maydare - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Fed-Kun's army
NOOOO FAK

I thought she wouldn't confess... SHE DID!

I thought they'd promise and happy end, they didn't!

and yes, that meteor shower was sudden to the characters and for us lol

Then let me guess.. Since the summary wrote that they will be apart, don't tell me that the ML will be forced to act cold in front of her while protecting her in the shadows, the FL is trying to catch up to him, and then her rival will be "destined" to be with the chosen one, in a way reenacting the scarlet witch's impossible love? I'll be bummed if that's the case..

so this is like star crossed lovers type shit huh? so they’ve reincarnated from the witch and hero, i’m assuming the witch was in love with the hero but cuz of how different they were they could never be together just like in the original :^( that’s why the witch had like an unrequited love????

Fed-Kun's army
@TheGodEmperor hopefully this is not one of those stories, would be big despresso if that happened. Since I don't see the tragedy tag I'm going to hope it won't get updated with that in the future!

Dex-chan lover
@Pandoot I mean, being forced apart for a bit doesn't make it a tragedy. At least, not that alone. Cause of his new status and whatnot.

see, that's how u integrate reincarnation/isekai
luvvin this
cant wait for more

Yoooooo holy lord above, a genuinely decent work-in of star-crossed lovers, with reasonable angst of both class separation and the perception of fate being against them. And despite their humorously stereotypical personalities, they actually managed to confess to each other beforehand, so the inter-character tension isn't just about uncertain feelings.
It's such a great feeling when a series actually has story that wouldn't be awful if put into a standard book. Manga is great fun, but the storytelling standard has always been compromised by the difficulty of replicating the details and complexity a book can offer in art and text-box narration. This ain't no Anna Karenina, but I could see this novelization on a young adult fiction bookshelf as a pretty decent read for teenagers and college kids. Someone get the WN author a good editor and a publishing deal stat, they're missing out on a good audience.

@theroadstopshere This is based on the LN version of the story. There are already massive differences between the WN and LN versions in the first volume alone.

Though the introduction could've been better (how they met and all), I do like how natural the flow of how she comes to terms with the "dumbass girl in her dreams" lol.
Feels refreshingly normal compared to the usual "Huzzah! It turns out I was a 21 year old college fangirl in my past life" intro.

That said, the premise seems interesting and since we know it how goes, hopefully the journey will be a fun one lol

Users who are viewing this thread