Tamen de Gushi - Ch. 189.2

Aggregator gang
@2AR2 I think the author just uses the characters we love to convey the message in a stronger way. So in my interpretation, this wasn't SJ, but the wishes and fears of SJ dad or random dude personified.

For me, it would be natural to be infuriated if my lover or friend or even random girl got harrassed AND be blamed for it. That teacher character was extremely stupid and sadly, people / opinions like that exist in real world. Makes me sick.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone says "ouch" when I don't know why. This is always to so many to many women/girls so why "ouch"? This is the reality we live in. I don't want to accept it but I have to realise that it is. Reminds me of what my father said.... "I trust you but I don't trust anyone out there. I can have your younger brother go outside because he's a boy. It's too dangerous for you." Hell, my mother said she doesn't trust me walking in the afternoon or if it's barely 4PM due to how she thinks it's dangerous for me to walk anywhere.

I am not saying that only men are stronger. I am not saying that men can be limited to freedom when they can have these issues too. This is about the topic of having limited freedom. Which you always see with so many women.... I am not saying that you have to live through this to say you have a voice in this or that you are the problem. Giving compassion and understanding that some problems are going to happen with one type of people than another. I truly wish that I didn't have to live in a world where I and so many other types of people such as women, lgbt, and the elderly didn't have limited freedom.

The "we cannot ask the bad people to change" thing is just nonsense though and I don't think that's actually what anybody is saying when they're doing things like this. It sounds just like that "don't tell me to look after myself, tell them not to rape" line. They know not to rape. They are aware it's not a thing they should be doing. And, yet, there they are. Doing the thing they know they're not supposed to do.

It's not a matter of "asking" these shitty people to stop. You can ask them to stop until you're blue in the face or, more likely, lying in a puddle of your own blood. The point is that these people exist. And they potentially make life horrible for the rest of us. The point is not to restrict yourself entirely from doing things- it's to be mindful of yourself and the positions you place yourself into. To bear in mind the risks you take and to minimize them where you deem appropriate for your own personal sense of safety.

The fact that some people take this to mean they can just hop in a circle...is sad, and I do feel for them.

On a different topic, why this kind of chapter all of a sudden? Doesn't really relate to anything before or after, and it just makes me think the author is fishing for feels, which isn't something I would've liked to think when discussing about such things.

People take this as a sad chapter, but I disagree. The last panel show her living life free and happy in spite of all the factor trying to limit her.

Users who are viewing this thread