Tamen de Gushi - Ch. 197

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't have expected her to be the sort so into penmanship that she'd go for a fountain pen. I guess the tradeoffs are a bit different writing Chinese.

Dex-chan lover
Unless the ink is particularly toxic, under circumstances such as that one can restart the pen with one's tongue. Also, in cases in which a disposable cartridge holds the ink, one just removes the barrel and gives the cartridge a gentle squeeze. In the case of reservoirs of other sorts, there may be a somewhat analogous action (slightly turning a knob or lifting a lever, or somesuch).

Dex-chan lover
@Jamadhur

If the shirt has sentimental value, then it should be sent to Kinme. But if it was just a commodity then Mophead is getting a replacement from Sun Jing, so he should be fine.

Group Leader
@Purplelibraryguy penmanship is just a bigger deal in chinese in general but actually most strokes start and end at different widths in Chinese characters so a fountain pen is easier to use as a stand in for the brush.

Related explanation: https://onfountainpens.com/2018/01/chinese-pen-calligraphy-1-preamble/

Fed-Kun's army
Yeh this is why fountain pen is for everything else but exams are with rollerball or ballpoint!! if you dont keep track you're stuffed!!

I love this series, and I love this chapter.

But who tf is bringing a fountain pen to a test?

Double-page supporter
I have a fountain pen for drawing and lineart and it makes really nice lines that variate in line width with pressure. its cool but its annyoing to clean up bc i dont draw for more than 30min-1hr lol

Users who are viewing this thread