Tamen de Gushi - Ch. 202

Dex-chan lover
Finally an update! Thank you for the translation!

Yeah that last drawing is pretty weird, but funny, lol.

Fed-Kun's army
Is the artist being pressured by the Chinese gov to exclude yuri in this? There hasn't been a legit chapter in several months, just stupid waste of time silly shit

Fed-Kun's army
Man, I hope this series isn't just playing with my heart by having another update. I'd given up hope of seeing another chapter.

???
While the romance between our favourite girls is the focus of the story, there always have been interludes of just friends being dumb together. It's not unusual or anything, we know Yuri isn't well seen in China, just let the author go at their own pace.

Dex-chan lover
@alpha_125 Imagine having your creative baby that you've poured your heart and soul into for years stifled and rejected by a homophobic government so you can never make money unless you take out the heart of it.

Then try saying that again. How many people are unaware of why the story has become like this?

0ps

Anyone who has read the raws, do they ever get back to the two female leads or is it just going to revolve around these two and their shenanigans?

Fed-Kun's army
@Cynic I think probably half the readers or more (other sites included) aren't aware of the author getting screwed by their Government. It's a really shitty situation that they're in, and what they have to go through. It also goes to show just how important freedom of speech, and artistic freedom, are for creators and the like. Something that many people take for granted.

Fed-Kun's army
@Cynic Ouch that definitely is some bullshit. I hope the author can make it out of that situation. I don't like having to wait a year for a omake like chapter with no yuri or plot development

Fed-Kun's army
@Sameragamer143 I don't know if it's possible to be alright about the situation, but they seem to be managing by continuing to work on the series. It makes me wonder if the author is hoping to continue the romance once the Chinese Government stops being homophobic asshats, and is currently keeping the series going until that time.

@Cynic I was amazed it lasted as long as it did but so long as the author lives in China you will never see the relationship progress. Anyone not expecting CCP interference from the start needs to learn about why some people laugh at them when they say the west is bad.

Dex-chan lover
The situation this story is in is not as straightforward as 'fuck China, they are stopping this story from being interesting', even though a LOT of people in these comments sections say that it is. The story was dropped by the publisher for reasons that weren't well explained (to anyone). The situation is complicated, but the best summary I was able to figure out was 'the government (or a very minor piece of it) probably was involved in some way'. However, that publisher still does run other yuri content besides this (not that much, but it does). It also runs yaoi content.

Now that the story is dropped though, the author can do whatever they want with it. Maybe they're trying to play down the attraction between the leads in the assumption that that's why the story got dropped. However, it is also what makes this story interesting. If you cut the yuri from a yuri manhwa, what's left wouldn't be interesting enough for the publisher to pick up again anyway. So... if that's the author's intention, it's stupid.

The idea that lesbian relationships in stories can't progress in China doesn't seem to be true at all, though (even though people say this CONSTANTLY). Every Chinese manhwa's comments section is riddled with comments like this now (because of this incident with Tamen de Gushi), and they're almost always wrong (Dormant Desires, Fatal Possession, Mojito, Soulmates, and the list goes on). Maybe the statement is true, but only if the author is trying to be published by a major publication (most aren't, at least not directly).

Fed-Kun's army
@Sameragamer143 Yeah hopefully.

@mmosimca I remember there being problems with other Chinese Yuri series as well. It seems like something the Government on a whim takes issue with, or leaves alone. With very little consistency.

@mmosimca according to twitter there is actually problem with censorship by the ccp, though you mentioned other yuri manhua, this one in particular is very popular and must have became a pretty big deal in the public perhaps that causes this trouble in publication. Story can or cannot progress in china is really up to the government and how it will influence the public- lgbt rights have always been mocked and the idea this manhua itself is promoting was probably very dangerous according to the ccp, and it's no surprising honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread