Tamen de Gushi - Ch. 202

@darkmaster006 Author's quote:
“Regarding the issue of (SQ) publication I would like to update everyone, originally the second volume was set to be published in October but it was temporarily suspended because of the general assembly (*note: if I’m not wrong she’s talking about the 19th CCP Congress 2017). Later in November the publishing company requested to remove the confession scene on the bridge before publishing the manhua, their meaning is that even though this would be a cut version at least we can still earn royalties. My company and I roundly rejected this, really find it hard to accept my work being censored in this manner, in the end we decided at this stage to suspend the publication of the second volume for the time being. Regarding this matter, towards everyone who have been waiting for the publication I would like to express my deepest apologies. Publishing their work is how artists survive, and it is also every artist’s wish and dream, so (this incident) had a definite impact on my condition. But I am already slowly recovering, regardless of whether I have the chance to publish my work or not, I will still continue to draw on.”
It's not all about "chinese," it's the ccp we're talking about, and unfortunately, censorship are very common and not unlikely. We don't care if the story is in chinese, we just want our yuri back.

Welp, at least its still funny. Too bad the gays gonna have to be tuned down...

Fed-Kun's army
I mean lets be honest here this manga has been dead since chapter 151 when they dropped the main story for a bunch short one off chapters that only remind you of whats missing. Sure we got that short amusement park side story that was nice but it stills doesn't progress the plot in anyway.

Dex-chan lover
The classic. It's what started this series. I just love how platonic their relationship is.

Dex-chan lover
More than anything else, the series didn't start downplaying yuri, but drama and heavy themes. The other girl from class, Mophead's "darker" side, pretty much the whole plotline with the girl that is interested in him - it was all part of the more drama-centric/heavy storyline that honestly wouldn't fit the established theme of the manhua. It literary jump from light humor, themes of friendship, goofing with your pals, pursuing love into one of the characters trying to stop himself from raping a drunk girl. Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest, if those got a pretty bad reception from the established reader-base hence the change of direction. The romance plotline after they dropped those themes is fine and doesn't seem toned done all that much. They just jumped over all the planned hurdles, to them being in a constantly happy relationship and everyone else goofing around along the way.

The real problem is that the series is pretty much dropped, not that the author is downplaying yuri.

Users who are viewing this thread