Tamen de Gushi - Ch. 241

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation comrade! was wishing someone would come back to this and translate some of the newer chapters, even if they arent much story related

me and my partners are long distance but i had told em that i am very sensitive so i am gonna have to be prepared to be tickled to near death when we meet

Dex-chan lover
While I appreciate the new chapters, it's sad knowing that the plot has been neutered by the CCP and will never progress beyond this.
I also saw that but at the same time I've read multiple GL manhua that have gone further (censored kissing sure), why this one?

Also kinda sad they ditch the school setting but still great to read.

Dex-chan lover
I also saw that but at the same time I've read multiple GL manhua that have gone further (censored kissing sure), why this one?

I don't know if anyone has a clear answer but my understanding at the time was that they wanted her to censor some things and she refused.

Dex-chan lover

Soem people say it's a lie that ccp killed it, especially cause there's other gay stuff published, but here the thing, this was gonna get a physical release, it's too much of a coincidence that it got killed right after that, if the issue was with the publisher they could have found another and continued digital release as usual, but it's not just the gay stuff, even the plot as a whole was completely killed.

Guess Tamen de Gushi flew too high and caught censorship agency attention or something, it's only logical explanation for why the story and the gay stuff both were killed, with the way things are nowadays they might as well be nothing but straight friends :angery:

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if anyone has a clear answer but my understanding at the time was that they wanted her to censor some things and she refused.
The publisher wanted it less obviously gay, but after that there's not even a story to publish, so it's weird to actually blame the publisher for killing it, especially because as far as I know nothing physical was released.

Someone please do correct me if something physical was released, all I know is that if this is the result then it absolutely wasn't worth it :angery:

Dex-chan lover
The publisher wanted it less obviously gay, but after that there's not even a story to publish, so it's weird to actually blame the publisher for killing it, especially because as far as I know nothing physical was released.

Someone please do correct me if something physical was released, all I know is that if this is the result then it absolutely wasn't worth it :angery:
The story goes that there was going to be a second collected volume for the series (I don't remember if they were physical editions, but I do remember them being collected volumes), but the publisher asked the author to remove the absolutely meaningful kiss that would happen on those chapters (it would make zero sense because the story was building towards it) and she refused and the publishing was cancelled. This, they say, killed the author's motivation for the series as a whole for a while. Then she started putting these snippets of them just living their lives while effectively killing the series' plot.

About other GL/BL stuff being published without issue: The CCP guidelines are vague and are not enforced unless the author/series gets reported by people or your regular scheduled reminder that the CCP controls everything inside the main land.

Last edited:

There was a physical release! I have it! It was even released on US Amazon! (I think you can still buy it off Amazon but from TP now) She wanted it to include the kiss scene but the publisher said no. So she had to release it without the kiss scene if I remember correctly which she was really frustrated about.

Dex-chan lover
this was gonna get a physical release, it's too much of a coincidence that it got killed right after that, if the issue was with the publisher they could have found another and continued digital release as usual, but it's not just the gay stuff, even the plot as a whole was completely killed
the first physical volume was made in 2015 but the second one got put on permanent hold in 2018 because the publisher (zhejiang people's fine arts publishing house,) wanted to have the overly queer queer scenes (aka the kiss scene) removed or censored, but tan jiu was frustraited and decided to wait until its allowed before continuing the story and is now focused on improving his art. if i am recalling correctly. so its not dead, its just in a limbo until zjpph changes their tune

Dex-chan lover
The story goes that there was going to be a second collected volume for the series (I don't remember if they were physical editions, but I do remember them being collected volumes), but the publisher asked the author to remove the absolutely meaningful kiss that would happen on those chapters (it would make zero sense because the story was building towards it) and she refused and the publishing was cancelled. This, they say, killed the author's motivation for the series as a whole for a while. Then she started putting these snippets of them just living their lives while effectively killing the series' plot.

About other GL/BL stuff being published without issue: The CCP guidelines are vague and are not enforced unless the author/series gets reported by people or your regular scheduled reminder that the CCP controls everything inside the main land.
There was a physical release! I have it! It was even released on US Amazon! (I think you can still buy it off Amazon but from TP now) She wanted it to include the kiss scene but the publisher said no. So she had to release it without the kiss scene if I remember correctly which she was really frustrated about.
the first physical volume was made in 2015 but the second one got put on permanent hold in 2018 because the publisher (zhejiang people's fine arts publishing house,) wanted to have the overly queer queer scenes (aka the kiss scene) removed or censored, but tan jiu was frustraited and decided to wait until its allowed before continuing the story and is now focused on improving his art. if i am recalling correctly. so its not dead, its just in a limbo until zjpph changes their tune
Thanks for the clarification guys, I still say it's effectively dead though, Tan Jiu clearly has no intention of actually properly continuing the story, if she really had then we would at least get more clearly gay stuff, cause so far it's at best all subtext, only reason we have any confirmation it's GL is due to old chapters, but they're pretty much irrelevant for the random snippets she posts, it might as well just be good friends interacting.

And if she's just waiting for the publisher to change their mind then for sure it's never going to get continued, plus not like she even has proper material to publish anyway, story long dead too.

Guess it really is another series to the pile of dead yuri
f6c.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread