Taming Master - Ch. 6

What even is this bs lol. Just play games and I'll give you A+, even if the game has nothing to do with school

@Oukishi did you not read that he is in the virtual reality department the game is practically the core of why the virtual reality department is popular and he lied about given him A+ read the mind speech bubble

@LonelyDaniel101 I just reread and the mind speech bubble meant that there's no way he'll be able to win the bet, not that he won't keep his promise. And yeah sure, he's in VR department and plays VR game, so what? Just bc he's good at that VR game doesn't mean he knows the technical aspect of VR that he should be studying at school, and MC is FAILING, proving that his knowledge of the VR game doesn't mean shit. Anyways, I've gotten used to shoddy/bs excuses these kinda manga/manhwa give.

Who here thinks a problem will rise with him joining the guild??

Me #1 - *raises hand*

Me #2 - *nods head*

Me #3 - *clicks tongue*

@Oukishi If you're looking for "real excuses" then don't read fantasy manga, with monsters and virtual reality. Go look for those 'slice of life' reality manga.

*rolls eyes*

Why are people always looking for logic when reading fiction?? I've never really understood that concept. Especially when it has genres/themes like fantasy, isekai or virtual reality.

And who knows, in this manga, it might be considered normal for teachers in his college to have them play games to pass. It's not like his teacher said go blow up the world and I'll give As...well, if my teacher gave me that sort of condition, I might take it. 🤩

Double-page supporter
has this author ever been to a school? literally nothing in that segment made sense

@Yunwu Personally, I read fiction because they let you experience a "life" that is not possible or at least right now isn't possible to live, through the eyes of a reader. You can't deny that most of the well known fiction manga and novels are popular because the logic in the stories is close to real life or at least gives a background to their stories to make the characters choices or decisions have sense in them. I think that's why most people are complaining about this chapter and the teachers dumb decision to make this bet.

Like you wrote before we don't know what is considered normal in the manga's world, but judging from the mc's and teacher's convo , it doesn't seem to be normal for the teacher to be giving straight A+ just for a game. Although the mc's idea of playing the game to research VR for his course is possible, but only when you have access to the game's programming and sourcing or at least know a staff in the game to do an interviews.

This is exactly the kind of professor I would be if I had gotten a PhD instead of a job.

Ummmm.... I was expecting the 2 month time limit to be because he has to pay back debts by gaming, or needs money for something, and it’s only school grades? For gaming? If he doesn’t design his own game or become a professional beta tester or developer, there is literally no point in learning how VR works by gaming. He should be learning coding or whatever VR entails. Even if he gets his degree, he’ll be useless IRL. But whatevs

"Why are your grades slipping?"
"I've been playing games all day"
"Great keep doing that lol"

Fed-Kun's army
what is the stuff listed as "option" on the items? is it like an item effect?

Users who are viewing this thread