Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge - Vol. 12 Ch. 121

Double-page supporter
@caitsith You must be fortunate enough to not have that bad of vision if you're able to even do your morning routine without glasses. Personally, I would be unable to even see the toaster properly to put bread into it without glasses. It would be unthinkable for someone with vision as bad as me to be able to forget my glasses, and considering how Shiraishi seems unable to function without her glasses, her vision is probably almost as bad as mine.
But yeah, I'm definitely way overanalyzing a common manga trope!

Double-page supporter
@terithian In her defense, she was really sleepy and had no sense of awareness until she went to the bus stop. Especially since this was daily, I don't think it's that unlikely that she forgot it once in a while. Well I don't wear glasses too often so I don't know how it works but I guess we can just blame it on she was too tired to notice until it's too late xD Give her a break? :D These tropes aren't too bad xD

Double-page supporter
@sakurabonx3 Haha, yeah, I'm just giving the author a hard time for no reason. When you have to wear glasses constantly like her, you aren't able to go that long without realizing you don't have them on, since you wouldn't even be able to function well enough to get that far. But yeah, it's just a trope, and I probably shouldn't be thinking so hard on it!

Dex-chan lover
Only 19 chapters to go? Pretty disappointed. I don’t think I’ll get to see everything I want before it ends and even if I do I won’t have had enough time with it (like the bro-con sister realizing shiraishi likes Tanaka or all the ships getting realized or 10 years later where they’re all super best friends and live blocks away from each other). You know basic stuff. I need Tanaka and Shiraishi to start dating and Oota and his childhood friend/wannabe delinquent to get together. Anyway thanks for the chapter

@Terithian Actually I’ve both forgotten I’m wearing and not wearing glasses tons of times. And you’d think it be obvious because I’m super nearsighted (not so bad that I can’t find an eraser or tell who’s who though) and vision is 100x different with them on and off. To me at least, the fact that I wear them all the time is what makes me forget I’m wearing/not wearing them. When I was younger there were a few times I got to the car before going to school and didn’t realize I didn’t have them on until my mom pointed it out. Depending on what’s going on I just end up not thinking about it and even though everything far away (like not right in front of my eye sockets) is super blurry, I don’t end up putting two and two together. Plus if it’s a route you normally travel or short distance (like your house to your car or even your house to a close bus stop), you pretty much know it by heart and can walk the distance with or without vision (when it’s an everyday routine, it can even feel like you’re doing it involuntarily); all that is to say it’s really easy to get somewhere you’re familiar with and not realize you don’t have glasses on until it’s too late. And then when I just started wearing glasses (like elementary school), I flatout refused to wear them all the time (kids are idiots), so I kept them in their case and forgot them like every other day. This is actually pretty well written for the trope. She has a backup pair in her bag (when you wear glasses, you keep a backup pair everywhere), but is just too embarrassed to wear them (even though no one would probably care).

Don't worry, the Manga is over since 2019 so we know the most important ship becomes canon so you'll get what you want.

Double-page supporter
@TNT261 Huh, I guess it can happen for some people. For me it would be impossible at least, since there hasn't been a day I haven't worn them since I was 6 years old, but I guess everyone's experience is different. I don't bring a backup pair wherever I go, though. I have backups, but if I lost or broke my glasses somehow I'd be on my own until I got home.

Double-page supporter
@Terithian exactly xD Just enjoy how the trope gives us more fluff and relationship development and move on :D that's probably why they did this trope in the first place ;)

Dex-chan lover
Very fluffy.

Can relate. I spent most of middle school thinking the world was naturally fuzzy and blurry.

As someone who uses glasses at school or when going outside, this part is relatable. Except I'm not a girl, nor popular. But other than that, everything else is a bit blurry when some feet (haven't measured) from me, and it's not so bad that I can't identify an eraser or mistake a friend for someone else. And I don't really want to put on contacts.

I rarely forget wearing glasses, though, and when I do, it's usually when I'm about to be late at school.

I've never ever forgotten glasses to school. If I did, it's going to be hell, with my high myopia.

Users who are viewing this thread