Tanbo de Hirotta Onna Kishi, Inaka de Ore no Yome da to Omowareteiru - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Female Knight Who Came From Another World

Dex-chan lover
How fucking large does she think her itty bitty medieval countt(r)y is?!? She expects to be able to spot it on a world-map, despite not ever having seen a worldmap even of her own reality before?
If someone shows you a picture and tells you it is the world, why would you have any reason to belive they are telling you the truth?

Dex-chan lover
Lol, I think I like this one better than the one it's copying.
I think you're wrong. This feels so generic. Go back and read the first chapters of the original. The characters have a lot more personality. However once the sister obssesed brother showed up it all went to pot.

Dex-chan lover
Unless they go back and actually look at the damn map, I'm going to assume they looked around a bit and did not just look at the mercator projection of the entire globe and immediately give up.

Although it would be funny if they go to the other world and it's the same land, complete with an insane Queen Elizabeth II of a country named Britannia.

Contributor
They were both in denial at the beginning of this chapter (Jin thinking Sera's just cosplaying and Sera thinking she's still in her original world), it's just that Jin accepted reality first (about damn time he did) having seen what Sera could do. Sera ran because she freaked out over not being able to handle the reality that: she was not just away from her country, but actually no longer in her original world; and wanted to somehow see reassuring proof that it wasn't the case. She'll be back, I'm sure.

Dex-chan lover
You do realize that medieval countries were normally far smaller than countries are nowadays, yeah? The sheer delay and effort of communications being enough to singlehandedly cap the viable size by itself (with a rare few exceptions, mainly countries able to use boats - and the mongolians because they sure don't play by anyone's rules, not even thumb's rules (rule of thumb)).
But that is not the main reason why her recognizing it on a world map would be feasible.

Names change with the language.
But the reason it isn't feasible, is because borders don't exist in reality. As you see from the image, he shows a map without anything beyond the shorelines marked, and even if her country wasn't landlocked (or she knew some maritime countries) the sheer scale of things makes it hard to spot the shoreline you would recognize. There's a reason most islands (or other smaller details and rivers) aren't visible on most world-maps, despite them being exactly how I would go about locating my city on a map if I had to.
Besides, even if his map had had borders, the nature of maps back then would be that the borders drawn would be (extremely) inexact and likely outdated. Even moreso if it is a place far enough away to not know the name of your country. So she wouldn't have been able to rely on them.
Ummmm first middle ages are a broad term. Maybe what you are saying applies to early (and I mean EARLY) middle ages so 6-7 around century. During high or late period? No definitely not. France, Byzantium, Poland, HRE are even bigger than a lot of current countries(and this is beyond the point but communication was not a factor for the country size, more the hereditary laws and partitioning). And what you are saying is ridiculous even the smallest current countries are recognizable on the map, we are talking about countries not something so small as current US counties).

Dex-chan lover
A basic principle of reason is that when a model no longer works, it must be revised or replaced. A main character who instead stomps his feet is to be despised. If the MC is sticking with his failed model in subsequent episodes, then this series will not be worth reading.
Lol, I think I like this one better than the one it's copying.
That other series has sewage for writing with mediocre illustration. The art here is quite good, and perhaps the writing will not go into a sewage ditch.

Dex-chan lover
All of the confusion that happened in this series were the result of the author's "mistake", where he somehow made both Jin and Sera able to understand each others languages, despite both are coming from different worlds.

Like, of course he always thinks her as a cosplayer, because she fluently speak in Japanese in front of Jin, instead of some random gibberish language that he couldn't understand.

Well, the possibilities are:
  • She somehow knows Japanese from her original world
  • She have a translation magic that activates automatically
  • She somehow received "blessings" from a god/goddess (a.k.a cheat skill) that ables to understand every language, even in another world
  • The author is just lazy, and thinks that Japanese is a multi-verse language

Dex-chan lover
:salute: I hope they don't go too deep and realistic like the other reverse isekai female knight manga. As much as accurate that thing is, something gloomy happening every few chapters isn't enjoyable read.

Dex-chan lover
Ummmm first middle ages are a broad term. Maybe what you are saying applies to early (and I mean EARLY) middle ages so 6-7 around century. During high or late period? No definitely not. France, Byzantium, Poland, HRE are even bigger than a lot of current countries(and this is beyond the point but communication was not a factor for the country size, more the hereditary laws and partitioning). And what you are saying is ridiculous even the smallest current countries are recognizable on the map, we are talking about countries not something so small as current US counties).
I were mainly speaking early, yeah (and even then there were exceptions), but also kinda true later on (even if the number of exceptions increased as kinks were worked out - though I agree poland was surprisingly large for a landlocked country, wonder how they managed that. Decentralization and feudal power?). This communication issue is why many larger empires and kingdoms expanded to a point where they inevitably fractured (often as a result of the regent dying and ppl failing to be on the same page as a result of slow comms).

And I would like you to spot a country on a fake world map (generated around the country in question + neighbours - so you can't go by contextual knowledge) with the country's borders somewhat incorrect, or quite incorrect, or outright missing. Same for all shorelines.

Dex-chan lover
I can't wait for her to get pregnant and her brother to beat up MC.

oh wait. wrong Female Knight in the Fields manga.

Dex-chan lover
I can't wait for her to get pregnant and her brother to beat up MC.

oh wait. wrong Female Knight in the Fields manga.
Ho god, don't remind, the brother's and the dumb bitch witch's arrival made me drop it hard

Dex-chan lover
Sera has a noble goal. She wants to return to her home and make sure her squad is safe. After all, she fought so hard she fainted.

But unfortunately for her, she's stuck in our world. A world where there are no monsters. She does not belong in it. She fights to protect her homeland! Tswige is in trouble!

Poor Jin, he's trying his best, but he has no idea what's happening. And now he's late for a delivery!

Users who are viewing this thread