Tasogare Memorandum - Vol. 2 Ch. 11.3 - Sui-chan and the Umbrella

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
A green umbrella... and green is my favorite color, maybe i'll get one.

Dex-chan lover
So the implication is that she's lesbians for her friend right?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation. Those elementary times riddles like "why is it my favourite color" are nostalgic.
Poor young Kuroko. That's a trauma for life

@Suben nope. She's amazed how her friend is not embarassed walking around with boyfriend

Contributor
Everyone's debating whether the jealousy is romantic in nature, but can we just take a moment to appreciate young Kuroki (pre-Sensei) and Riku-chan?

Fed-Kun's army
OK, get this. It's a story about not being embarrassed to say when you "like" something.

> Sounds good.

Great. Listen. There's this girl, right? Walks home with her friend every day. First page, boom! The friend has a boyfriend, daily walks are done.

Yeah. But this first girl, she doesn't seem sad or anything, just wishes them well. Real genuine and shit.

> Huh. Kinda sweet.

Right. Except on page 2, there's this one panel where it's a shot of the new couple talking happily. And then next panel, zoom back to girl A, who was watching them from afar with a blank expression. Unreadable.

> Mysterious. OK, and then?

Yeah. So then some shit happens and whatever, some dialog, enough to establish that the story is about "liking".

> Sure. I mean, you just skipped the main part of the story, but --

Now, last page. Right at the end, OK? The girl just made a speech about how she used to be so embarrassed to say when she liked something, and how that sucks or whatever. She's kinda making a big deal out of it. But the person she was talking to was just talking about favorite colors, some unimportant shit, so why is she all worked up about liking? But this is it, end of the story, time to tie it all together. So right at the end, last two panels, the camera zooms in on --

> On the face of the person she secretly likes, right?

NO YOU IDIOT ON SOMEONE COMPLETELY UNRELATED

Fed-Kun's army
Lol why are people debating over whether she's gay for her friend? She obviously is. That's was literally the point of the last three panels. People are really coming up with these wack explanations like no...she has a crush on her friend. Just accept it smh.

@VINT64 Are you ok? That literally does not make any sense. She's not embarrassed about her friend having a boyfriend, she's embarrassed about her feelings for her friends. Sure it's a little subtle, but I would think this would be obvious to most modern readers.

Dex-chan lover
@nivinator I am ok, why? I consider myself as modern reader, as I sit on this site a lot and read a lot of manga with different degrees of yuri. And right here it's little to none. As I said, she's amazed how her friend is honest and not shy about having a boyfriend. Even if she has some "feeling to a girl friend stolen by some guy", it's way too subtle to say that " she's gay for her friend".
Thus, nope. Dismissed

Fed-Kun's army
@VINT64 Fair enough, but this manga has a way of subtly conveying themes like this. To me, it seems super obviously gay, but I guess it's open to interpretation.

Dex-chan lover
Also on the "gay" side of the "debate", however, was also happy (and sad) to see young sensei on the last page with the cat which should have a comment about it for fairness (so here it is now ^^)

Users who are viewing this thread