Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - Vol. 15 Ch. 61 - The Spirit Turtle’s Heart

Group Leader
Yes yes super important fight and story moments... but Raphtalia pantyshot on page 27.

RIP dear Ost... or, maybe, the existance of the shield with turtle's heart will be enough for her to live?

Dex-chan lover
@Esper men of culture.

elle-leonardo-dicaprio-toast-07-the-great-gatsby-warner-bros-pictures_1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I look forward to the next three spirit beasts arc after this one.

Just kidding. Only thing I liked was Big Bird fighting the undead tortoise.

Dex-chan lover
That moment when you think the others dudes are gonna save the day after being freed but nah they are still passed out and wont do shit this entire arc

Dex-chan lover
So, uh, any reason to focus killing the turtle waifu instead of the cringe villain?

Group Leader
@Redice The cringe villain can't do anything without the Turtle's Core, but if they went for him and left the core alone, you can't tell what he could do, especially since he still had control over the familiars inside the turtle.

@theShear Yes, finally! It started as a nice and intriguing mystery, revolving around the disappearance of the three heroes, but it dragged on for too long and turns out their disappearance wasn't important to the plot, they were just put on a bus for this arc.

Shield Hero is at its best when it revolves around the difference in treatment the other three have, how that creates conflict among them and seeing the residents of the world trying to make them come together. This arc introduced a villain at the end of its run, placed the other world's three heroes as a vehicle for exposition and promptly made them irrelevant again. I don't feel any emotional investment in defeating this villain, I'm just glad the costume girl got her moment to shine, but I don't think this was the correct way to do it.

Long story short, this arc sucks!

the way parts of the turtle arc in the wn was described to me, i assumed it was where the other heroes learn the value of not being total shitstains and finally accept that they need to be better

i uh..didnt think by that the description meant "because they were literally just damseled and non-entities until the end of the arc and that made them sad"

Dex-chan lover
All Zang-bang. Flash-flash. Shiiiang-boom. Fluppfluppflupp. Kazonga..., but at least it was better than last chapter's nonsense chatter about justice. This time chicken-girl at least kept the justice talk short and didn't let Blondie Megane Mc'EvilCringe talk too much BS.

Dex-chan lover
Wow they rushed this. Sad for Rishia, this was her first big moment.

@Sep10trion
not the was things happen in this version. I like what's coming next much better than the WN version though. Does a lot more for the development of the story and Naofumi and is more interesting then them just hanging around the village. In fact, I was kinda mad that the anime even mentioned the village. In the LN version, Naofumi needed the next arc to come around to the idea of establishing anything like a home here.

Users who are viewing this thread