Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - Vol. 16 Ch. 63 - Infinite Labyrinth

Dex-chan lover
@KingRagnarok150
d59eec3d3bd16ca5d064d410643192ce5b85e5b0.gifv

I couldn't actually find a good gif of it but you get the point

Dex-chan lover
That kappa seemed like it would like man flesh more than cucumbers.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't mind the turtle arc too much. Naofumi proving to everyone again that he is damned useful, the other three proving they are useless (there's no reason for them to become useful in this story, really, aside from 'four are needed' plot shenanigans) unless they get their shit together and get brand new personalities.

Turtle arc also gave us turtle tits. Which were nice.

Fed-Kun's army
How many four heroes do they have ?
L'arc
Glass
The one using the bracelets
The guy using the book
and now the huntress,

That's a lot of four heroes.

Dex-chan lover
@lnomsim @Shakur
No they are not

Each world only have "4 Holy Weapon Heroes" and side supporters of those four called "7 Star Weapon Heroes".
Naofumi, and three others are the people who become "4 Holy Weapon Heroes". And will be introduced later who will be "7 Star Weapon Heroes", which including
Raphtalia as Hammer Hero, Firo as Claw Hero, "Trash King" as Staff Hero, Rishia as Projectile Hero
. But somehow in Naofumi's world line case, there is an extra
7 Star Weapon called Star Weapon Carriage owned by Fitoria, so there are 8 "7 Star Heroes" even though the name says different

L'arc, Glass, Kyo (Book Hero) is the "7 Star Weapon Heroes", but L'arc sister who use accessory magic is not actually. But this Hunter hero is one of "4 Holy Weapon Heroes" which is the main hero army.

Jtk

@lnomsim iirc those 4 are smth like vassel hero right? they can travel through worlds theyre not the worlds hero, i think

Double-page supporter
So I haven't read the novel for this, but funny enough I'm reading a novel connected to this series... it just got a whole lot more connected.
Dimension Wave - https://www.novelupdates.com/series/dimension-wave/?pg=3
I've read a little further than the translated parts via Google Translate but not all of it.
So I can say I'm confused on a few points. Being a different series, I'm not sure I need to spoiler tag but I will anyhow.
From the perspective of Kizuna, they are playing a rather advanced VR game (or rather that's the case as far as I've read). Connected to a machine that interfaces with their brain, and while playing it for a couple years in game, only 2 days pass IRL. Kizuna is actually a male player though and didn't want to play as a girl. He built his own character, but his sister decided it would be funny to edit while he slept. When he got logged in with them, he was surprised. And yes Kizuna spends a ton of time in game fishing. A true fishing maniac, but it works out well.

Now Kizuna is - at the point I've read to - a party member to Glass. Yes that Glass. They're both the Spirit race, and Glass has become quite loyal/clingy to Kizuna. In any case, they are in what is supposed to be a game. Maybe that's a deception/obfuscation of the truth. Still their world has very clear game mechanics. They aren't using any "hero" weapons at the point I've read to. But they have completed 1 wave (big server event) and a "limited wave" with just their party. I can't help but think Naofumi has been transported to this "server" world.
But I'm deeply confused as to what it all means. I guess that means I should be reading the main story's novel before Dimension Wave.

Dex-chan lover
Couldn't he just absorb the bars into the shield?

Really that absorb power of the weapons has so much potential to be stupidly broken but they never think about it...

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan ain't it only limited to what he perceives as a shield
never mind, he also absorb some monster drop

what even is the qualification of absorb-able item anyway
can he absorb a living human being

Dex-chan lover
@mage_goo
Not sure as it was not explained as far as I remember but if that is just a question of perspective like with the other abilities of the hero weapons then just see the weapon of the enemy as a drop and absorb it, for example.
That has a clearly potential to be exploited.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan heh, reminds me of this
x4.png

and i guess naofumi never really reach that kind of conclusion
he never thought something like "the system is actually whatever the hero wants it to be" but rather more like "there's actually multiple system that can work together only if the hero works together"

Users who are viewing this thread