Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari - Vol. 23 Ch. 95 - Underground Coliseum

Ah, a part was cut here. It will contain some guessable spoilers so I'll keep it on a tag. I'm not sure if it's good or bad it was cut, on one hand, it will increase the impact of what it foreshadowed, but on other hand, it removed a little character development from Nadia.

Nadia actually goes out with Naofumi and they get attacked by people trying to eliminate them from the tournament, and Nadia shows her power, and she confesses that she also tried to eliminate Naofumi by giving him one of those rokulu fruits that he likes in the drinks she gave him. Also, Rishia foreshadows Nadia's power in her investigations
It wasn't cut, it just hasn't happened yet.
That actually happens after the first few rounds of the underground coliseum, so it would probably happen in the next chapter or the chapter after the next.

Dex-chan lover
They're gonna become luchadores.

Naofumi made a fluke by accidentally taking advantage of his name to call himself The Rock.

@GK
She becomes Naofumi's third wife in the web novel after Raphtalia and Melty.
b e t

Double-page supporter
Thansk for the chapter!

And Naofumi naming sense cracks me Ahuahauaha

And thanks for some of those comments, got some answers and spoilers i wanted :3

Dex-chan lover
In light novel that's the 2nd meeting which is after Naofumi's first couple of matches under his belt
I must be remembering wrong then. It has been some time since I read the novel. Thanks.

Dex-chan lover
Booba onee-san.

Something is rising and it's not the shield hero.

Dex-chan lover
Something I think a lot of people missed, perhaps even the translation group, Naofumi deciding to call Raphtalia "shigaraki" is actually kind of wholesome. When you look up "Shigaraki" you'll probably only find the MHA character, but it's also the name of a town in Shiga prefecture that's famous for pottery and isn't that far from a ninja village, as well as a variety of rice.
So it might be a name that he just quickly threw out there, but it's actually fitting in several ways. Raphtalia is the katana hero and specialized in illusion magic, making her ninja-adjacent, and the overlap with the variety of rice implies that he can't live without her or that she's the main wife. There might even be thoughts in there that she's rough around the edges but all the more beautiful for it, as Shigaraki pottery is usually described. (though the pottery also tends to darken with use, which might have other implications)

Last edited:
Group Leader
Something I think a lot of people missed, perhaps even the translation group, Naofumi deciding to call Raphtalia "shigaraki" is actually kind of wholesome. When you look up "Shigaraki" you'll probably only find the MHA character, but it's also the name of a town in Shiga prefecture that's famous for pottery and isn't that far from a ninja village, as well as a variety of rice.
So it might be a name that he just quickly threw out there, but it's actually fitting in several ways. Raphtalia is the katana hero and specialized in illusion magic, making her ninja-adjacent, and the overlap with the variety of rice implies that he can't live without her or that she's the main wife. There might even be thoughts in there that she's rough around the edges but all the more beautiful for it, as Shigaraki pottery is usually described. (though the pottery also tends to darken with use, which might have other implications)

Fed-Kun's army
well, if you look at image behind when he said the names and how he speaks, I think he clearly meant "whatever, that sounds memorable enough".
I know it's hard to have Naofumi explaining if he really did think great things behind Shigaraki since he have to be tsuntsun about almost everything, but the way he went with Rock Valley as team name and Rock as ring name gives he couldn't care much, and Yakitori is just pure rude.
(been almost 5 years since I've read LN 10, but I don't remember him thinking high of Shigaraki in LN as well)

Users who are viewing this thread