Tate no Yuusha no Oshinagaki - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

I really like this interpretation of Naofumi. In the WN he always complained about having to cook all the time, half assed it, and tried to shift the food prep duty on everyone else as soon as he was able to. In this spin off he seems to enjoy it instead and is actually carefully contemplating internally like a house wife on how to balance their funds, ingredient availability and even dietary necessities (the collagen comment) while making it as delicious as possible. It's really wholesome and cute. "World's #1 Dad" mug worthy. Thanks again for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
Ever feel that biological clock ticking? Spend 10 minutes with an actual kid and there's a good chance you'll reconsider.

Double-page supporter
And thus they made themselves a child by genetically modifying thei- Wait, why's this in the script? This wasn't what I wrote for this comment

Dex-chan lover
The japanese prime minister would approve of this urge, if you guys were in Japan.

Dex-chan lover
@nickzero10

Yeah pretty sure this is way closer to LN Naofumi. In the anime it barely showed him cooking. I’m the ln he did it for necessity and then started learning more than the basics out of interest. He’s now a papa cook

Fed-Kun's army
Milk and eggs... as expected of a cooking manga. It's ice crea- pudding
Oh, I forgot this was an isekai where pudding is the obvious choice in a medieval fantasy world.

@Ixiaz this lol.

It's weird that manga/anime/books make me want a child. But when I spend time with most people's children I immediately reconsider. Whether it's because of parenting or because some kids are just naturally less annoying, I may never know.

Double-page supporter
So the anime made him less of a dad and more just protagonist? I dislike that change dad form is much more wholesome and sweet.

Dex-chan lover
Collagen is supposed to be good for the skin

No. Digested brakes down to amino acids and proteins, it's better to choose food with zinc, vitamin C, vitamin A.

Best choice would be a dish with red peppers for vitamin C, red/white meat or oysters rich with zinc and liver for vitamin A.

Fast stir-fry beef with peppers and tomatoes with sweet potatoes would cover zinc and vitamin C. Fried chicken liver with onions for vitamin A boost.

Also, avoid sweets, pudding isn't exactly a wise choice there especially since milk was broken down due to heat.

Users who are viewing this thread