Tearmoon Empire Story: The Reincarnation Reversal Story of the Princess, Starting from the Guillotine~@COMIC - Vol. 4 Ch. 18.5 - Extra Chapter

Dex-chan lover
Well, there is.

They created a new type of sticky grain in Mia's school, and made Dango from it
If you referring to that particular chapter...

it's still wasn't rice, but a new variant of wheat developed by Saint Mia's Academy which is still a wheat if we to take what the author wrote. It's another world, so that world is most likely different than ours...

Dex-chan lover
Which means they're basically just Japanese, but with some added flavour of what the author thinks is European.
They didn't wear kimonos/yukata & eat with chopsticks (at least in the countries we have seen so far in manga), gone rambling "itadakimasu" everytime they're going to eat while putting both hands together & etc (what did I missed?)...

The author is a Japanese author so I will cut him some slack for accidently slipping in Japanese common senses. I don't see him actively trying to promote "Japanese'ness" in this series like the others always did...

Dex-chan lover
They didn't wear kimonos/yukata & eat with chopsticks (at least in the countries we have seen so far in manga), gone rambling "itadakimasu" everytime they're going to eat while putting both hands together & etc (what did I missed?)...

The author is a Japanese author so I will cut him some slack for accidently slipping in Japanese common senses. I don't see him actively trying to promote "Japanese'ness" in this series like the others always did...
Yeah, I know. It's not that bad, and I've seen worse. The first-name basis thing and personal suffixes are some of the things that's often very Japanese despite pretending not to be. On the other hand, while saying specifically "itadakimasu" is Japanese, the idea of saying a prayer before eating is very Christian, and probably common in other cultures as well.

But it's like how a story set in a historical era tends to reflect the era it's written in more than the era it's supposed to take place in. They get rid of the obvious things, like what you mentioned, but keep the more subtle details show where it's written.

Dex-chan lover

They were eating takoyaki last chapter

Users who are viewing this thread