Teihen Ryoushu no Kanchigai Eiyuutan - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Let’s go on (an unexpected) adventure!

Dex-chan lover
the saying is "an idle mind is the devils workshop" it means people who dont make use of their mind are most prone to using it for sin
not sure if thats what was written in the original japanese but its definitely not written or explained properly in english

Dex-chan lover
the saying is "an idle mind is the devils workshop" it means people who dont make use of their mind are most prone to using it for sin
not sure if thats what was written in the original japanese but its definitely not written or explained properly in english
That entire panel was a joke to be fair

Last edited:
Oh my god, this dude.

"Fight this pissant noble in a one-on-one duel? Are you out of your mind? He'll kill me!!!! Cowardly blubbering"
"I'm getting bored. What to do? I know! I'll go adventuring in that nearby abandoned mine that might have a dragon living in it and kill it by myself!"

Dex-chan lover
That entire panel was a joke to be fair
I thought the saying was "Idle hands are the Devil's playthings", meaning that those who are not busy or saddled with responsibility tend to cause trouble. First time I've heard that saying/variant.

Dex-chan lover
I thought the saying was "Idle hands are the Devil's playthings", meaning that those who are not busy or saddled with responsibility tend to cause trouble. First time I've heard that saying/variant.
Oh? Same from me to read it that way. Either or the saying is a lot more coherent then what the chapter had

we use that expression a lot in Brazil, so I'd say it probably came from that, but the meaning represents more the kind of situation where you got a dumb, dangerous or reckless idea (not necessarilly sinfull) because you are bored/got some free time

Dex-chan lover
we use that expression a lot in Brazil, so I'd say it probably came from that, but the meaning represents more the kind of situation where you got a dumb, dangerous or reckless idea (not necessarilly sinfull) because you are bored/got some free time
are you referring to the saying i used or the one in the manga?

regardless the term 'sin' is alot more broad then you may realize. it can refer to minor things like 'white lies' or extreme things like serial murder
in the old days putting effort into somthing wasteful(i.e. dumb, dangerous, or reckless) instead of chores or work would also be considered sinful for example

are you referring to the saying i used or the one in the manga?

regardless the term 'sin' is alot more broad then you may realize. it can refer to minor things like 'white lies' or extreme things like serial murder
in the old days putting effort into somthing wasteful(i.e. dumb, dangerous, or reckless) instead of chores or work would also be considered sinful for example
I was refering to yours.
I really didn't realise the broadness of 'sin', but I had really thought of the more serious examples when I read your comment, my bad for that.

Users who are viewing this thread