Telework Yotabanashi - Vol. 1 Ch. 18 - Waiting

Dex-chan lover
Your so called girlfriend disappears and doesn't answer any messages for weeks... and you consider worrying about that, abandonment issues?
being concerned is a normal thing, but you missed the line about hoping she isn't 'gone for good' and it's not even the first time, he also thought the same thing when he saw her getting out of some dude's car, he goes straight to "i'll never fight any unwinnable battles"

also, she said she'd be gone for about a month, and it's only been 10 extra days

Dex-chan lover
Damn. This feeling of loneliness is palpable. Author is too good at visual storytelling
Thanks for the translation

being concerned is a normal thing, but you missed the line about hoping she isn't 'gone for good' and it's not even the first time, he also thought the same thing when he saw her getting out of some dude's car, he goes straight to "i'll never fight any unwinnable battles"

also, she said she'd be gone for about a month, and it's only been 10 extra days
But those are normal feelings to have. We all have overwhelming negative thoughts at times. The key thing is how you act on them. And to be honest he's acted perfectly reasonable tbh.

I've come to some dumb conclusions about my wife before we started dating but, reacted normally until a time came where I can clear the air.

Dex-chan lover
Too much drama here.
Page 4.
More probably is that she can't leave the country and reenter Japan because of COVID.

Supporter

I don't really see the point of all these discussions. The character is like this. You might not react like him but I know several people who would (me included). He's probably a bit insecure, so particularly prone to worry in this situation. So what? He's the character he is, not the enbodiement of all males.

Dex-chan lover

edit: each to their own ig.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Homie is recovering from being pump and dumped. Only joking, probably just covid restrictions and whatnot.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, this manga really hits home when it comes to the feelings of overwhelming (yet useless) despair during the early stages of relationship.

Some people might think the dude is overreacting (and in hindsight, one who has gone through this type of scenario would agree), but trust me that's EXACTLY how one feels when their SO is away for more than a day.

Dex-chan lover
Thank fuck 4/6 April. I got sad at the thought of having to wait 3 months
Yee, I hope the translator is an American, rather than from Japan (or virtually anywhere else on planet Earth) and that's where it went wrong. It could still be 3 months, because calling a 1-week delay a full-blown hiatus would be overreacting (like calling a weekend away a full-blown holiday), though not technically incorrect

Yee, I hope the translator is an American, rather than from Japan (or virtually anywhere else on planet Earth) and that's where it went wrong. It could still be 3 months, because calling a 1-week delay a full-blown hiatus would be overreacting (like calling a weekend away a full-blown holiday), though not technically incorrect
It’s April 6. There is a (Thurs).

Fed-Kun's army
So um, I've just seen on twitter that this ends in 2 chapters😭

Users who are viewing this thread