Tempest - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Crazy plot progression

Cold-blooded yuri leads are best.

The mention of postwar technology makes me wonder if this one will have any differences from gynocracy manga from the 90s.

Dex-chan lover
Wow I can tell is very female centric story that much is obvious. But I doubt a world like this realistically would exist. All the men are gone so war doesn't exist? Utter BS. Always love reading braindead misandry stories. Because they're always so dumb.

Group Leader
Wow I can tell is very female centric story that much is obvious. But I doubt a world like this realistically would exist. All the men are gone so war doesn't exist? Utter BS. Always love reading braindead misandry stories. Because they're always so dumb.
Implausible it might well be, but all stories (especially science fiction ones) use some level of implausibility as a basis to explore aspects of the human condition. Obviously suspension of disbelief will be required. (In any case, it's not as though the concept of utopian, war-free future societies is in any way novel in the science fiction context.)

Anyway, I think that this take is really rather facile and shows only the most superficial understanding of the text. It's made expressly clear that even if this world is peaceful in the sense of not having any wars raging, people are still just as mean, cruel, judgmental, and vindictive as ever. In fact, I think that's the entire point. The characters are allowed to suffer under the delusion that things were awful when men existed, and are so much better now—while that might be the case in certain ways, that line of thinking lets them ignore the ways in which people in this modern "utopia" are still deeply flawed and human. We all like to pretend that we've transcended the nasty and brutish past to reach a new, tolerant, Kumbaya-singing present, but things are never that easy. Death, taxes . . . and hubris.

Users who are viewing this thread