Tengoku Daimakyou - Vol. 4 Ch. 25 - Walled City ➀

Aggregator gang
For a second there i thought the tokio timeline was the old man's flashback and tokio is maru's mom.
They raised the kids w/o the concept of sex- thats why they all wear thr same clothing and are called - kun! Foreshadowing?? Haha.

I think it's also a hint that Tokio's story is happening in the past how they are all serviced by robots. Hell, it was even the cover for the chapter. It was said (but probably heavily distorted) how robots used to be really common and served the humans in a bunch of different ways

Aggregator gang
Besides the fact that the children share a lot of similarities with some of the man-eaters. Like climby kid has sucker feet like the fish man-eater and a few more I can't recall right now.
@lapeka Big yikes if all the monsters we've been seeing are adult versions of the schoolkids

Dex-chan lover
I keep having this feeling every chapter that Kona is secretly planning something evil.

Dex-chan lover
I think another big clue for their being a time difference is the fact that the kids are supposed to be soldiers. It’s kind of hard to think that people would be even waging high-tech warfare given the post-apocalyptic landscape. If you take into context that war is one of the theories for the calamity then the man-eater problem is probably related to the kids being used as soldiers in it.

Another interesting thing is that an earlier chapter mentioned that the cause of this war was that humans had paranoia about robots watching them. There are a lot of strange things happening in the school related to tech that are suspicious. For example, Tokio got a question on her test tablet asking if she wanted to be free that erased itself as soon as she asked the teacher about it. Another one are the strange incidents with security cameras (not showing Tokio in the incubation chamber and the picture of Mimihime being sent without her knowledge). Finally, the medical robot says that Tokio is fine, even though there is a possibility that she’s pregnant. All of this makes me think that the school’s AI is sort of going rogue.

Fed-Kun's army
@RedIce05
I don't think it's a fact that they're supposed to be soldiers. Their upbringing is nowhere near effective for that purpose. There are neither specific physical training for combat-relevant skills, nor mental conditioning, nor education in history and warfare theory that would be useful. From what we've seen so far they have zero factual information on anything beyond their small world, to the point where most of them don't know if there's anything else at all, which would make them easy targets for anything they aren't used to. Just this chapter we were shown how easily Maru was duped by the info broker (and then earlier when he failed to pick up on the 100% clean water lure)—and he hasn't even lived the sheltered life these kids have.

That being said, the kids are definitely a result of some sort of a genetic engineering experiment that may have been conducted for military purposes.

Dex-chan lover
@moozooh I think it’s definitely a possibility though. When the foreign guys visited the facility, they were specifically speaking about soldiers that they awakened and the school teachers asked how they were doing. Since the school considers the students to be some sort of product, they call their students cohorts “batches” and are talking about delivery and pickup so the implication is that these children are being raised to be used by some other groups a and the conversation at least hint at this being for soldiers. Training is definitely a thing that might be a hiccup for this theory, but it’s possible that we haven’t been exposed to their whole training regime yet. They have supernatural abilities so having that by itself could be useful in militarily.

Regardless though, the conversation with the foreign group suggests some sort of warfare is ongoing and its occurring with high levels of technology (the ability to put people into suspended animation, ). Unless a whole lot of technology has been preserved outside of Japan, it’s likely this all occurred before the calamity.

Supporter
For a bunch of doctors they sure don't seem to know how humans work

sex is a perfectly normal thing OBVIOUSLY they'd discover if on their own, idiots.

If Tokio was pregnant, and if story from both sides were actually from different timelines, I would guess Maru's parents might be Tokio and Kona

Aggregator gang
pog.PNG

pog doctor

good god, this is one hell of a read. i dont think i'm in lighthearted fantasy land anymore toto...

Alright, 2 things I got out of this chapter:
1. I feel like it's implied that Asura wasn't just one of a kind and that there are more beings like her. This might be tied to the "alien" theory Juuichi presented, just not literal.
2. Those children are NOT human at all. I've mentioned it in some other chapter, but literally everybody there is surprised that they discovered sex and could even get pregnant. Everything else seems to be pretty tightly written too, so I doubt the adults are just stupid. Seems like they don't consider all them kids to be humans neither.

Kids are probably half-Hiruko or half/quarter-alien (I mean whatever Asura was, I call them aliens just to have a word for it). And it seems like nothing like this has ever happened before, even though the facility have been running for at least 5 years (Asura killed herself 5 years before Tarao died).

There's something much more here than ignorance or negligence, I swear!

It’s cool how the 3 speculation of how the world ended all actually happened in the timeline

Users who are viewing this thread