Tengoku Daimakyou - Vol. 6 Ch. 33 - Inazaki Robin ➁

Dex-chan lover
@alacaelum Well, yeah, it is a sci-fi story, so I do expect some liberties with known science. I just thought the way you phrased your comment was misleading because you said that "the body isn't just a vehicle for the brain" and "the body experiences things and learns to do things on an instinctual level" as if those were actual facts.

Aggregator gang
About the flashback, this is what I have been thinking for about ten chapters. I think there is still the possibility that Kiruko's brain is still only the brain of the older sister. It could be a severe act of self-conviction (as in another famous manga by that I don't want to spoil) maybe due to mourning or guilt for the loss of the little brother. Stopping menstruation can be caused by this, even the scar on the head is a proof that she was operated but not the brains swapping, the memories instead can be a construct of the psyche, maybe the little brother never even existed.
@HajimeteNHK this theory doesn't explain the hospital director trying to become a bodysnatcher

just uploading/editing memories isn't the same thing as transferring consciousness

of course a failed or incomplete transfer is also a possibility, considering they've already failed in other areas

dont underestimate you?

dude youve been running for the past 5 minutes lololol

Fed-Kun's army
> female character gets raped. awful. tragic. make sure to show tits.

> male character's Justice Meter fills up and he goes berserk! he beats the hell out of the rapist in a VERY cool way.

anyone else come here because Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru is a masterpiece and just kinda... wondering what happened?

Is that the place Maru's looking, it looks a bit but it doesn't have the big yard where children play.

Also I hate that tipically scene when another character stops the mc to beat up to dead another character.

Dex-chan lover
Thugnificent once said:
"Stomp em in the nuts
Stomp em in the nuts
Stomp em in the nuts
Ima stomp em in the nuts"

And next chapter better be all about it.

Dex-chan lover
@z3c9 I'm pretty sure you're misattributing whatever your problem is with this part of the story.

Just because these things are usually (hell, almost always even) poorly handled doesn't mean they were poorly handled here. The nudity is more disturbing than fanservicy in this manner and context, and it would be dumb to pretend rape wouldn't be a thing in a post-apocalyptic setting of this type, so it was going to come up sooner or later, especially after the underage prostitution and whatnot that came up earlier, marking this as a pretty frank piece of work. Hell, even the beating up the rapist part seems like it's not going to be played straight at all. Everything is really fucked up for pretty much all the lead characters in a multitude of ways, and this was not only fairly anxiety-inducing on account of her not being a throwaway cheesecake character, but it actually opens up a fair amount of possibilities for where the psychological arm of the plot could go that I'm eager to read in the future.

All in all I'd say there's pretty much no dip in quality here except maybe how easy it was for him to get through those people when it could've been a good vessel for tension instead.

@twinklecake could not have said it better. This work is doing a stunning job of exploring a fantastical-ish post apocalypse, and the sexual side of things is pretty tame compared to other works that explore such themes. The nudity has never felt out of place. People are meatbags. Being naked happens. Being naked because your captor left you that way... Also happens. If anyone is out there getting hot and bothered by a pair of realistic looking tits in this setting, they have issues and it's not on the mangaka here...

This arc is just shit getting pretty real. It's good stuff and I'm really curious to see why he'd want Maru to stop. I assume Robin still has secrets to reveal...

Double-page supporter
@twinklecake I mean, we've seen quite literally in a lot of chapters now that Maru is definitely superhuman, major quick reflexes and he can recover from injury really fast (I mean his tooth regrew!!) I feel like this series was always going to take a turn for the worst especially with a lot of foreshadowing in previous chapters that Maru has kind of been shadow protecting Kiruko even though she is his bodyguard. Her naivety to go alone was gonna punish her, and sadly it did.

Dex-chan lover
@Melvin He's been threatened by a bunch of people ganging up on him with weaponry before. This was just smooth sailing where he got unchallenged. It's not a big deal, just a missed opportunity in place of the rather flat reveal that we got.

My man Maru takes no bullshit, but jokes aside, now I'm really lost with the brain swap thing, may it be that the sister didn't want to lose her little brother, so she convinced herself that she was the one who dissappeared that day?

Users who are viewing this thread