Tenisaki wa Kusushi ga Sukunai Sekaideshita - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Source novels have 4 volumes so far; latest book came out in Nov 2020.
https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/novel/274274583/952190275

Manga raws have 3 chaps out so far.
https://www.alphapolis.co.jp/manga/official/334000363

Dex-chan lover
Seems like a slightly more grounded version of Potion-Loli. Hopefully this one doesn't wander off into the weeds of airborne anthrax laser 'potions'.

Bro I love this kind of manga. The girl is always named Rin and she becomes a pharmacist.

Dex-chan lover
I guess she just really hates the concept of haggling? Must be a culture thing. Haggling's pretty darn expected - even enjoyed - aspect of purchasing items from market where I come from. At least by refusing she gets to keep(?) her dignity

I guess she's not used to the idea of haggling.

For a person that Tsukuyomi praised for being hardy with her life circumstances, it's a bit odd that she's crumbling at a number offer. It seems more like she's running away from her problems.

Granted, she probably reacting this way because of the stress of all these unfamiliar things happening at once.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting how she grew up alone and poor yet seems to have no idea of haggling.

Aggregator gang
Everything was smoothsailing until one of the cliches happened uwu.
Anyway, thanks for the translation

It is not a question of haggling, but a matter of attitude. The old man showed his dislike to Rin, and tried to take advantage of her. The price he qouted 300 was for a level 1 potion while she was selling a level 3 potion.

For all that she knows, he could be buying the potion from her for 300 while telling the guild it was bought for 500, and pocketing the change himself.

i agree with @blake77, it's not even a matter of haggling with what that old man did. it says on the screen thing that one bottle can be reasonably sold at 1000, and he offered 300. that's not even close to haggling, haggling would be offering to buy it for 800 or 900 each, maybe even a "i'll buy everything if you sell it to me at 700 each." But 300? 700 less than what it could be reasonably sold for? thats outright robbery. if someone offered more than half less than the market price, i also would take my stuff and leave.

(maybe im wrong tho because the "appropriate purchase price" and "reasonable selling price" confused me)

also, how the guy at the next counter noticed what the old man was doing but didnt do anything also ticks me off. maybe he has his own circumstances, but that entire organization is now shady to me

I think appropriate purchase price is the value placed on materials and labour to make the item.

On the other hand, if an item is priced more than the reasonable selling price, then the seller is profitering.

Group Leader
@RandomDoge @yanyanamy @Newbii

I'd like to point the difference between "haggling" and "ripping off".

The "fair price" is 500 EN (another way of saying "the lowest I can sell this product for") and the highest possible to sell it is 1000 EN (double the amount). Haggling requires the seller to have a price on the product already to which the buyer tries to get the price lower, that's haggling. However, Rin didn't "sell" her potions yet, she asked for an "assessment" of the goods. This old man thought he could get away by tricking Rin to sell lower than the fair price (There's no profit to be made then!), that's essentially ripping her off.

In short, Rin didn't set a price so there's no haggling down the price to be done, she asked for an assessment of the potions and trusted the guild's reputation that they'll give a "fair price", instead the old man tried to rip her off by paying lower than 500 EN, she noticed the deceit and left.

I could also talk about how bulk buying/selling works but that's irrelevant to this.

it's a nice start for isekai story, at least the god from earth not abandoned her like the other isekai.

I love how our main characters look! She's adorbs, and I like the way her eyes are drawn.
Good for her for standing up for herself right off the bat. Fuck you clerk! And it's nice to see the gods guide her first rather than throw her right into the mess.

Dex-chan lover
@TCCx32
Yeah, that's haggling. Never trust the opposing party for pricing. Where I am I see some moms haggle prices down to half offered price - hell, my friends haggled merch down to a third price. I will say though that her appraise definitely gave her an edge that she could have used. Our FL could have definitely pushed the price to go up, especially spiting the appraiser's treatment of her (which while demeaning isn't horrible). However, she didn't and that's what my opinion of her ends up as. Rather than confrontation, she'd rather not deal with and find a different way - even though she doesn't know what it is quite yet.

To be fair for her, she's in a very stressed state with everything happening that fast.

Users who are viewing this thread