Tenjou Tenge

Double-page supporter
I remember liking and following this manga for a long while, and then it took a strange turn with dark gods, time-travels and reincarnations ... and I totally lost the plot
yeah ... like Air Gear : interesting premise, great start ... and somehow manages to completely lost the plot as chapters pile on

Group Leader
Great art, story started off interesting but became boring after the ancient Japan flashback arc. Just read until that starts, lol.

Edit: Up to 45 it's good.

This is such a retarded "universe" - it's totally fine for Ryuzaki to perform arson and to rape totally uninvolved female student and he gets PROTECTION FROM SCHOOL after that (I'm at chapter 22)?

Another blatant japanese rape fantasy where girls exist only to be dominated and mindlessly fucked by every random passerby.

This was a flop for me, switching protagonists from the hard working burden carrying Masataka to the immature watchamacallit mindless delinquent brat was such a stupid move to say the least. The direction of the story is a total disaster too, it seems running around and about aimlessly like a headless chicken. I hope that someday a master story teller collaborates with "Oh! Great" on a manga. Such a waste of fine artistic skills!

Came back to this after hitting the "random" option on an anime site and watching a few episodes of the show.

Just as weird as I remembered, seems to be a trend with this author. Starts off all right, lots of characters I like (and hate, which isn't necessarily a bad thing), good fights, and then suddenly it goes off the deep end and goes all to shit. Like the author spends all this time building a huge house of cards, then suddenly decides to douse it in gasoline and burn it to ash. Same way I feel about Air Gear.

Looks like I'm not the only one that feels this way, judging by past comments.

The MC doesnt feel like the MC. Idk if I'm the only one who feels this way. Theres something off with the narrative. In at ch65 and ky brain just turned off when reading this which isnt a good sign.

It's not even laughably bad that I can make fun of it whilst reading its just boring.

I remember liking this when I was young except the ending made me hate it. I can see why I liked it in some parts. I think the author was conflicted or maybe his editor pushed him to do things a different way, either way it feels like it's been pulled in different directions between a typical shounen, an ecchi, and a seinen

The Masataka-Mitsuomi and Maya-Mitsuomi plots were the most fun, as well as the whole School Flashback Arc with Maya's brother. The matter with the dragon eye on Aya and Reiki worrying Mitsuomi, but not being able to interfere without stepping on some really deep wounds of the past was also awesome.
I love Masataka, Maya and Mitsuomi. The story shoudl've circled around them and their development. Nagi is such an unlikeable prick, and he gets to be the chicken with golden eggs that everything gravitates towards the story, which is miserable.

THe villain, Nagi's father, isn't a bad choice for villain. Especially cuz Mitsuomi's mission is to end the rule of fighters with super-powers and all that (as to form a paradise, without those power-creeping nuts). But as does an Oh Great! story, it gets convoluted, running in circles and kind of ends abruptly.
I really dislike the ending XD

And I love every scene with Maya and Mitsuomi. they gave great dynamic and their past make for a dramatic tension. Too bad they never fight as they promised, nor kiss or get together outside of a side-story standalone chapter that I have no idea where exactly is from.

But the art is absolutely gorgeous, the more the series goes

This is what you got when having little to no POV narrative and poor choice of protagonist. It feels like fragments of memory instead of story

Users who are viewing this thread