Tenkaichi - Nihon Saikyou Bugeisha Ketteisen - Ch. 35 - Last Hope

Dex-chan lover
Look I don’t have anything clever to say, I just want Yasuke to win, alright. Narratively and power-levels-wise he’s gonna lose to someone eventually I’m sure but I’d really prefer him not losing to this one-note chucklefuck. Yasuke got his flashback later so he’s probably winning.

Double-page supporter
Yasuke got wounded first (the ancient trope of the first wounded guy winning the fight), plus he is portrayed more sympathetically backstory-wise.

He will win this fight.

Aggregator gang
They just revealed how Yasuke will win in how he defeated those bandits. Perfect parry through perfect rotation to circumvent perfect strikes.

His opponent's greatest strength is that he became the blade, tragically that will be his folly.

Dex-chan lover
Look I don’t have anything clever to say, I just want Yasuke to win, alright. Narratively and power-levels-wise he’s gonna lose to someone eventually I’m sure but I’d really prefer him not losing to this one-note chucklefuck. Yasuke got his flashback later so he’s probably winning.
Honestly? Given the guy's whole philosophy is "One strike. Only need ONE strike to win" and he already had to swing more than once?

I say Yasuke already won, personally. Everything else is details.

Dex-chan lover
I like a good "blade" as much as anyone but in a philosophical sense... I learned in my life to respect the "shield" much more.

As impressive as it is to shave from yourself to become something "more", it isn't exactly a path of compassion... quite the contrary, it is a path of pure selfishness, Yasuke took the despair of his past to turn into a force to protect... is he protecting the right people, a question beyond me.

But this obsession with the power to only destroy what is in front of you... not my jam, bub.

Between the crazy bastard that became a sword and only sees as an instrument of killing, and the man trying to nurture a more gentle future... to me, the choice isn't hard.

That talk about how gentle leaders only lead to suffering is what egotistical fucks say to justify their shit, gentleness isn't naivety.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yasuke is gonna win because I wished for it. My delusions cannot fail me!

Also. if you're curious about Nobukatsu's Ise misadventure I'd highly recommend the Shinobi no Kuni manga. Probably not the most historically accurate but a lot of fun to read.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
as stereotypical it might be, i kinda hope yasuke does win, i mean, i love hanzo to win, too, but yasuke is kind of winning me over, every other fighter is less a person and more a weapon shaped into a man (witch i belive its part of the idea, stop being a man, obtain amazing powers)

Aggregator gang
I like a good "blade" as anyone but in a philosophical sense... I learned in my life to respect the "shield" much more.

As impressive as it is to shave from yourself to become something "more", it isn't exactly a path of compassion... quite the contrary, it is a path of pure selfishness, Yasuke took the despair of his past to turn into a force to protect... is he protecting the right people, a question beyond me.

But this obsession with the power to only destroy what is in front of you... not my jam, bub.

Between the crazy bastard that became a sword and only sees as an instrument of killing, and the man trying to nurture a more gentle future... to me, the choice isn't hard.

That talk about how gentle leaders only lead to suffering is what egotistical fucks say to justify their shit, gentleness isn't naivety.
You were right, gentleness isn't naivety. By throwing every part of yourself to became blade, you aren't going far.

But shields is different, for it protecting the people and give a "Small hope" for we know eventually the hope will growing bigger.

Dex-chan lover
Also. if you're curious about Nobukatsu's Ise misadventure I'd highly recommend the Shinobi no Kuni manga. Probably not the most historically accurate but a lot of fun to read.
Fellow Shinobi no Kuni enjoyer spotted. I second the recommendation, it's really fun.

I feel bad for Nobukatsu. Playing second fiddle to his papa and the whole tragedy with his wife can't be easy. Then again, he survived the Sengoku Jidai, the reunification, and even stayed a daimyo. He also helped put Toyotomi's heir in the dirt.

Users who are viewing this thread