Tenkousaki no Seiso Karen na Bishoujo ga, Mukashi Danshi to Omotte Issho ni Asonda Osananajimi datta Ken - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Let's Hang Out!

Supporter
Well, I've not read raws or LN but a WN reader on reddit

did not seem to be thinking that the relationship between Hayato and Haruki was heading in a bad direction. Probably useless drama incoming but ending as expected anyway.

So let's not give up on this serie yet.

I'm the LN/WN reader from Reddit. If you are expecting fast romantic progress from this story, it ain't it. It really doesn't feel like a romcom to me.

Generally this story is about friendship first and romantic relationships second. Kaido (the other guy in this chapter) becomes friends with MC's sister Himeko because of how similar they are before developing a romantic interest in her. The main relationship 'drama' is between Haruki who has her own hangups and the shrine maiden friend of MC's sister. I'm putting drama in quotes here because honestly there's a lot more personal issues than relationship drama. The only drama I remember is that Haruki thinks that Saki (shrine maiden) is a good fit for the MC and decides not to give her gift to the MC despite working on finding gifts with Saki together. If anyone has watched Oregairu, it's almost identical to that scene from the end of Season 2 when Yukino hides her own gift but feels bad.
Thankfully the girls are friends and the situation gets resolved within the same chapter. But generally the only person who is aware of her feelings for the MC is the shrine maiden. Haruki's feelings are barely recognized by herself by the most recent LN I think (and she has a lot of issues with love), so there's not really progress until then. In fact the most recent LN I read was basically all about Kaido.

I personally didn't like Kaido's arc, though - lots of fairly played-out tropes.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the translation!

This world is where childhood friends wins!!! Damn, so that guy not gay? RIP, no rival then. 😂

Dex-chan lover
I'm still not sure which side should be worried about this NTR guy, it's 50/50 as to which of the two he's aiming at.

Contributor
I was saying in previous early chapters how I liked that this didn't have any love rivals and hoped character so-and-so wouldn't be one, but here we are now with love rivals for both Hayato and Haruki. Well, that happens...

Nice try dispensing advice, Iori. But all of that couples talk just flew over Hayato's head. Haruki wanted a date, Hayato you idiot... I'd say now he is about neutron star level dense; No, he's not the kind of guy who notices the signs and denies them or resists: he's genuinely dense and blind to the signs. I was wrong about him starting to realize something.

I used to praise him for being able to do all these bold and smooth moves, but I'm realizing the way his head works doesn't quite line up with how his body acts. I'm starting to think he's "romantically challenged" and that's honestly frustrating to me.

Users who are viewing this thread