Tensai Majo no Maryoku Kare - Ch. 60

Dex-chan lover
I'm kind of bummed that it didn't even work for Niya - it would have been a great running gag if Niya just kept getting more and more powerful without even meaning to, just by being dragged along on all of these "restore magic power" expeditions.

Dex-chan lover
Page 9, 1st panel: Ms. No. 2, for the crime of leading her to such a terrific place ...

Not sure if that's supposed to be sarcasm, but I think you meant to say 'terrible'.

Anyway, well ... there have been weirder stuff depicted as merchandise, so vomiting girls as key chains shouldn't surprise me by this point.

Terrific comes from the word terror, and is an adjective that describes something that causes said emotion. Somewhere along the line people started using it for any intense emotion, eventually leaning more towards positive emotions. This is similar to how people sometimes use the word "bad" to describe something they find impressive.

Dex-chan lover

terrific​

[ tuh-rif-ik ]

adjective​

1. extraordinarily great or intense:
    terrific speed.
  2. extremely good; wonderful:
    a terrific vacation.
  3. causing terror; terrifying.
I don't see a problem.
Terrific comes from the word terror, and is an adjective that describes something that causes said emotion. Somewhere along the line people started using it for any intense emotion, eventually leaning more towards positive emotions. This is similar to how people sometimes use the word "bad" to describe something they find impressive.
I guess I can understand that much, and maybe 'terrible' could also be something that comes from terror, as well. As what was said, I'm more used to 'terrific' being used in a positive tone, and even two of the three definitions listed were described that way. I just personally wouldn't use 'terrific' as the first word to describe that situation.

Users who are viewing this thread