Tensai Majo no Maryoku Kare - Vol. 1 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that oatmeal requires oats. I can't read moon runes, but if that term is specifically referring to rice porridge, which is a pretty big cultural treatment for colds in Japan, then it should be translated as porridge.

That said, your criterion of "all grain-based foods thicker than cereal" technically applies to bread, which is amusing.

Group Leader
Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure that oatmeal requires oats. I can't read moon runes, but if that term is specifically referring to rice porridge, which is a pretty big cultural treatment for colds in Japan, then it should be translated as porridge.

That said, your criterion of "all grain-based foods thicker than cereal" technically applies to bread, which is amusing.

Group Leader
you got a lot of catching up to do with my chapters Kaisy (welp in fairness im getting lazy with zaako)

Dex-chan lover
Calling rice porridge oatmeal is like your mother calling all consoles Nintendos.
Or calling manga "comics"

As a wise woman once said, "[TL] needs to take [his] ego out of the equation". Else this translation doesn't rise past the excessively localized versions the fanbase likes to shit on :facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
qtnl6s.jpg

I kinda want this poster.
Or calling manga "comics"
There is nothing wrong with calling them comics, because they are comics.

Users who are viewing this thread