Tensai Rekinjutsushi wa Kimama ni Tabi suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Group Leader
First translation other than Giant Killing, just reminder its mtl translation with human PR, i do so many rewording sentence here and there. So i totally need help from all of you, by commenting this thread about mistake i do/mtl do here. Also we need translator JP to ENG (its volunteer but if we have enough money, we can pay you as long as you did good job)

But anyway, this is my first attempt translate the thing alone. Thank you so much for reading my translation, make sure to check our discord channel (which currently pretty empty) and check other series translation (Giant Killing), if you appreciate our work, you can contribute through translation correction and donation through our ko-fi

I will update the chapter whenever there is mistake. once again thanks

and see ya in few days

EDIT1 : I uploaded improved version (spend my whole weekend for this, and retranslate it from scratch) I currently working on Chapter 2 now, will drop in less than a week

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's uh, bad. I've seen unedited MTL that's better. It's not atrocious, if that makes you feel better. It would be faster to scrap it all and translate from scratch.

That being said, I've seen the first chapter or two of the novel, and I'm not particularly impressed there either.

Dex-chan lover
I came to the comments to mention that there's a typo in the title but I see that it's a fair warning about the translation quality based on the other comments here

Aggregator gang
I've seen a lot of stupid shit in isekai, and drinking a fake death pot to avoid a monster stampede is pretty high up in the utterly braindead story-premise ranking, but that isn't even the most moronic and heinous thing that happened here.

So let's get what happened in this chapter straight. She's living in the capital, she's a de-facto court alchemist, and she's being overworked. Alright, fine beginning and nothing wrong here, but then...

A monster stampede. Out of literally nowhere. Besieging the fucking capital of the country. How? Why? Does the capital live next to a high-level monster-infested forest? Was no one reporting any strange activity that would allow people to prepare?

Then there's the fake death pot thing. She drinks it and she winds up in the future... and no one fucking touched her body for literally 500 years? None of the stampede monsters found and ate her? No person moved or buried her? She didn't age? This is how I feel after reading this chapter:

084.png

Not to mention she abandoned everyone else to their fates when she as an alchemist could be brewing health pots to save the lives of soldiers defending the capital. If the author expected me to sympathize with the MC, then he only succeded in making me hate her because this coward deserves no respect and if her country still existed she would have gotten jailed or even hanged for screwing over her country in its time of need.

It's not rare that Isekai is usually trash, but even this genre can rarely reach such low abyssal depths in trash writing.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
This is a total ripoff of the LN

The Alchemist Who Survived Now Dreams of a Quiet City Life​

just worse.

Dex-chan lover
I've seen a lot of stupid shit in isekai, and drinking a fake death pot to avoid a monster stampede is pretty high up in the utterly braindead story-premise ranking, but that isn't even the most moronic and heinous thing that happened here.
What if I told you it is just a FANTASY MANGA?

Dex-chan lover
It has a finished LN, which was ok.
the first manga adaptation of the LN was amazing but got axed; the second adaption sucked and… maybe got axed?; then I don’t read light novels generally

which means I’m kinda hoping this manga is surprisingly good

Dex-chan lover
but it’s a totally different author with the same plot
Premise does not equal plot.

The plot is more then just who the characters are and how they came to be in their situation.

Heck there are already major differences in that this on the MC is a genius, the one you linked to she was an poor and average alchemist.

Dex-chan lover
i remember reading a similar story, but instead of staying at home, on the same level, the alchemist went for a secret cellar, or crawl space, and since part of the magic casted sealed the cellar, the magic deemed it unsafe thus kept the alchemist in a comatose state for hundreds of years until nature just happed to break into the cellar and cause the environment to be deemed safe so the mc woke up. believe it was called "the last surviving alchemist".

plot here is very similar and rushed. i hope plot here will do at least as good a story.

edit: aah, it was a novel: https://creativenovels.com/novel/the-last-surviving-alchemist/

Users who are viewing this thread