Tensei Goblin dakedo Shitsumon aru? - Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
So what prevents this skill system from being abused? Cause demon lord wasn’t a goblin but he still could give his skill so why can’t longer lived races abuse this on shorter ones like goblins?

@FgoSegul because apparently no one has thought of trying to force a dying person to give away their legacy.
The skill transferal is a voluntary final act, so if the goblins don't want to, you don't get their skill.
Now, why no one has tried to force them anyways? Either the thought never crossed their minds or they realized that trying to force people on their deathbeds was pointless.

Dex-chan lover
@perseus525 maybe but i feel like with a little religion and propaganda a country could easily abuse it for their soldiers

@FgoSegul @perseus525 isn't that because you can only transfer skill to a goblin? If you read the chapter 1 again you will see page 24 there is only 1 result in "transferable skills" because there is only 1 goblin with "80 human years skill" and can transfer skills.

edit : Nevermind, I saw the next chapter and
it look like the humans can also transfer theirs skills
So I'm CoNfUsEd....🤔

Fed-Kun's army
@Ren-chan @FgoSegul @perseus525 On page 41-42 of chapter 1, the demon king implies that a) being able to accept a skill from another species is unusual and b) there's some sort of inner capacity that determines how many skills you can have, which is related to the ability to accept skills from other species.

Now, while goblins have no reason to try to accumulate skills since they only live for seven days, it seems likely that members of some other races will "cannibalize" their own to gain their skills.

Dex-chan lover
So.......if anyone's read my spoilers before, well....the next chapter on the RAW is out...
He noticed something is off about Karen, and manage to fool her saying that 'when you look at goblins, you might think they're cute or such but not with sexual desire right? the same applies for goblin, we don't desire human'

As Karen was moving away, another goblin found her and thought 'oh, were you taking a bath? let me go get a new set of cloth for you' which adds to her misunderstanding that goblins indeed do not sexually desire human.
While the goblin is away, she ponders aloud, at which point some spooky dude is like "well, let me take care of that then"

The goblin then came to Akira, and ask him to come and show him the cloth that was covering Karen earlier on the ground
Akira felt some strong sense of 'death' and immediately tell the other goblin to run back to the village NOW.

He then use light to reveal the assassin, who's holding onto Karen.
The assassin toss Karen down, Akira move in to catch her.
At which point the assassin stab him.

But surprise it's a shadow clone and Akira knock the assassin out.
As he's about to pick up the dagger the assassin dropped, he felt that strong sense of [Death] again.
And Karen say "That's the Goblin Slayer...." and the chapter ends there.

So hopefully next chapter will see the resolution to this little arc with Karen.

Another factor that prevents abusing this system is that when you die, you can only transfer the skill you were born with, not any skills that anyone else has given you. So no matter how many skills you amass during your life, only one gets passed down to the next generation. For every one skill you want to gain in this manner, you require one individual who is both (1) dying and (2) willing to pass on their skill, and while the first condition is easy to meet by force, the second is not.

Dex-chan lover
You know, since the MC was "born" with the "80 Human Years" skill doesn't that mean other goblins could have similar skills? Not to mention that he can pass that skill on so there could be a 2nd super powerful goblin in the future.

@Leo80221 pretty sure he asked for that skills specifically. So, it's probably too unique to have "similar skills". But, it's also to soon to tell.

Dex-chan lover
How unusual, to see a female knight in a goblin settlement, not as goblin plaything but as liaison to the local lord xD

Fed-Kun's army
I just now realized this but Karen's hair reminds me of the girl from the paperbag-kun manga

Dex-chan lover
Well leave it to a Karen to intimated someone who only has 7 days left to live.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda sad to know each new chapter means a different goblin generation.
I liked this bunch.

tomorrow, these children goblin will turn to middle age goblin, then they spawn, and the next will be grandpa grandma goblin and the next they all die

a creatures life span is usually guided by that creatures internal organ's. So its odd that goblins live only 7 days. oh well, lets see where this all goes.

Users who are viewing this thread