Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life ~Daini no Shokugyou wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita~ - Ch. 68.2

Dex-chan lover
It will be interesting if there is someone capable using strong purification other than yuuji.

I also wonder if yuuji blast the dragon with enough holy magic, will the dragon turn holy too?

In isekai nonbiri, the lich king was hit non stop with high level holy, turns them inside out reviving them. It is funny idea if the same thing happens here.

Supporter
c4fbn5mhuyrc1.jpeg

Supporter
My guess it is the artificial dragon being reborn or something hence the sparkling light the MC is seeing.
Also how old is this research that the dragon is saying that the humans were working on it for thousands of years?!

Either way finger crossed that this arc ends soon. As I am more interested in seeing the scientists getting spooked by their work suddenly getting destroyed with no logical explanation besides the MC being close to them!

Dex-chan lover
The liquid is high density curse. So high density that Ultimate Dispel barely effected it. Now that the curse has vaporized and spread out Ultimate Dispel can remove a noticeable amount of curse from the air.
It seemed like the dispel just went past it, rather than expending any energy trying to do anything at all to the liquid. That's a different reaction.

Dex-chan lover
So now dispel works?

Proud Wolf being dramatic as usual. Can't go too long without comedy.

At this point, there'd probably be a lot of people in the affected area. Even if they've evacuated people, there'd still be people around.
It may have been working before, he just needed to cast it a dozen times to make any headway.

More concerning is he didn't want to cast the barrier last chapter due to no MP. Now we're casting a much, much larger barrier. It's out of desperation now, sure, but we're holding onto credibility by a thread here.

At least this manga has always been more about characters than plot.

Dex-chan lover
It's convenient that telepathy can pass through the absolute barrier that doesn't even let light through.
Well... Technically he is the master of the barrier so he can leave the barrier? So i think it just apply the same thing to attacks and skills he uses
This may be true. It isn't just telepathy but his magical energy that goes through the barrier (I recall that he has sent his magic to the slimes when they were within it). We would have to see if he is physically stopped by the barrier by him acting upon it physically (I don't think it was this manga where the MC used a "similar" barrier as something to stand on, but could always be wrong.)
If course the danger of having "exceptions" to something called "absolute" is that it becomes no longer "absolute"... If mana can be hijacked then so can the barrier.

It seemed like the dispel just went past it, rather than expending any energy trying to do anything at all to the liquid. That's a different reaction.
I had another response to this (based on how various magics usually work), but decided to check before I made an idiot of myself. Glad I did.
The author uses "dispell" in an unusual way. Typically "dispell" is similar to barrier (but instead of being hollow it's a solid) that acts to remove, counter, deactivate or disrupt the "contained" effect. It very rarely is a "missile" type magic that is "released" and moves to/through it's target, like was shown here.

Anyway, since I went back and checked, I can say with certainty that he didn't mention "rather than expending any energy trying to do anything at all to the liquid" but "The dispel magic just went past it. There is no change in the black liquid. It wasn't a curse?"
The distinction is important because of what you are quoting. It's not that he could tell there was no effect because he could feel that the magic wasn't being "used up" (all indication for this universe is that the only time they "use" magic is to "pay" the "cost" of the magic... unless it was stated elsewhere that they can "reinforce" the magic, but I - with my non-existent memory - don't remember that; I'm happy to be proven wrong). Ergo it's entirety possible that there was an effect, but it was so minimal that he couldn't tell/detect it; think of a massive amount of water being dumped on a small fire, sure, "some" water will evaporate, but it might not be visible. Or the reverse, a small amount of water on to a massive fire, sure, "some" fire may be extinguished, but it may be impossible to tell.

And, of course, the light novel may have explained it differently than the manga showed it (i.e. exactly how you said it), but I haven't read the book, only the manga, so I can only go based on what was shown here.

Dex-chan lover
It's not that he could tell there was no effect because he could feel that the magic wasn't being "used up"
He could tell the magic went past it. So either he just missed, or it went through without effect. If he can't sense it being used up, then he logically can't sense it going past either. He had to know enough about the spell's strength to detect it going past.

Users who are viewing this thread