Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru ~Jakushou Ryouchi o Uketsuida node, Yuushuu na Jinzai o Fuyashiteitara, Saikyou Ryouchi ni Natteta~ - Vol. 1…

Dex-chan lover
The frame of the army doesn't seem to match the events of the chapter. There's no space for that ambush, and there's no forest that close to it.

The horses are also disappearing in several panels. Page 6 is a great example. He's in behind the horse's leg, which means he's in front of the horse, but the combat takes place to the side of it.

Dex-chan lover
The frame of the army doesn't seem to match the events of the chapter. There's no space for that ambush, and there's no forest that close to it.

The horses are also disappearing in several panels. Page 6 is a great example. He's in behind the horse's leg, which means he's in front of the horse, but the combat takes place to the side of it.
Artist is MC Escher reincarnated :wowee:

Dex-chan lover
lord kran: so ars anticipated this ambush!?
me: nah, definitely not him lmao

seriously.. even tho being surprised was all he did, he still got the credit for everything lol.
this manga is full of ars' surprised faces. the only time he doesn't look surprised is when he's not in the chapter.
it's a wonder how he managed to get awesome followers.

Dex-chan lover
If the ground was getting that soft, a cavalry charge should have faced some difficulties.
That is correct, but they aren't charging until literally the last moment. They snuck in, using the rain, to get close to Kran's position. Once they engage in combat, not moving around very fast, the horses provide greater support through their four hooves than the men on their two booted feet.

Dex-chan lover
That is correct, but they aren't charging until literally the last moment. They snuck in, using the rain, to get close to Kran's position. Once they engage in combat, not moving around very fast, the horses provide greater support through their four hooves than the men on their two booted feet.
It's not just the horse. Every horse is carrying an armed man as additional weight. A horse hoove doesn't have that much contact area with the ground. A man's booted foot has much more. Though naturally the risk of slipping might be reduced by having four foot on the ground, but a horse with a rider has a pretty high center of balance.

Dex-chan lover
It's not just the horse. Every horse is carrying an armed man as additional weight. A horse hoove doesn't have that much contact area with the ground. A man's booted foot has much more. Though naturally the risk of slipping might be reduced by having four foot on the ground, but a horse with a rider has a pretty high center of balance.
That's actually the exactly the reason that the mounted men have the advantage; even fully armored their weight is pretty negligible against that of the horse, but together they still weigh a lot more than the men on foot; the hooves also cut through all the sloppy mud to more solid earth below, and horses have far stronger muscles for pulling their legs free of the mud, as well.

The dangers of rainy muddy terrain are on the long charge where they could slip while at speed, which is why I didn't mark you for a strike initially; not on standing combat, as was done here, which is a whole other beast.

Dex-chan lover
That's actually the exactly the reason that the mounted men have the advantage; even fully armored their weight is pretty negligible against that of the horse, but together they still weigh a lot more than the men on foot; the hooves also cut through all the sloppy mud to more solid earth below, and horses have far stronger muscles for pulling their legs free of the mud, as well.

The dangers of rainy muddy terrain are on the long charge where they could slip while at speed, which is why I didn't mark you for a strike initially; not on standing combat, as was done here, which is a whole other beast.
I'm not entirely convinced, despite having grown up much of my life next to plenty of horses, but I also don't feel like I can offer any meaningful counter-arguments anymore. If it indeed is only a thin layer of mud on top of hard earth, your analysis ought to be correct. Then it would be only the danger of slipping, not actually sinking into the mud. The enemy perhaps should have planned their tactics relying on that factor. The enemy must have been very intimately familiar with the terrain, to time the attack to not be too early, nor too late.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not entirely convinced, despite having grown up much of my life next to plenty of horses, but I also don't feel like I can offer any meaningful counter-arguments anymore. If it indeed is only a thin layer of mud on top of hard earth, your analysis ought to be correct. Then it would be only the danger of slipping, not actually sinking into the mud. The enemy perhaps should have planned their tactics relying on that factor. The enemy must have been very intimately familiar with the terrain, to time the attack to not be too early, nor too late.
We can see exactly that with Kran meeting Tomas' attack but then slipping in a layer of mud on the surface, before finding purchase a few centimeters down. The ground is slippery, but not suckingly soupy. The biggest problem that the riders would have faced would have been keeping their mounts steady, as if they danced about they would have likely had traction issues, too; however, as warhorses, they would undoubtedly have been well-trained, which is why the horse doesn't move throughout Tomas' and Kran's confrontation.

Reactions: le3

Users who are viewing this thread