Tensei Kizoku no Isekai Boukenroku ~Jichou wo Shiranai Kamigami no Shito~ - Ch. 61

Dex-chan lover
if at least Cain did that to the father, it would have been some punishment. "I will let this be with a warning" makes more sense if there was something in that warning to be escalated later.

just letting him get away with it like this sets a terrible precedent. and makes us look down on his brain.

Dex-chan lover
if at least Cain did that to the father, it would have been some punishment. "I will let this be with a warning" makes more sense if there was something in that warning to be escalated later.

just letting him get away with it like this sets a terrible precedent. and makes us look down on his brain.
He is supposed to get some punishment. Namely losing his seat in the Parliament. Plus some monetary compensation.
This is pretty weak because he keeps any other authority he has, in particular the one he has in this city which he obviously abused multiple times. And his criminal entreprises will not be impacted at all, along with any leverage this gives him on other authority figures.
Basically, this would be a minor setback to his ambitions, but not a significant punishment.
It is something, and Cain was ok with only this wrist slap, somehow.

Of course, being the stupid two-bit villain he is, he will not tolerate any setback at all and will immediately participate in an evil plot against Cain, bringing actual ruin on himself. Any non-braindead villain would lay low a few days, until Cain is gone, then resume (criminal) business as usual.

If Cain had not been 1. an S-rank adventurer and 2. a foreign noble and 3. engaged to multiple extremely high-rank daughters (3 that he already knows of, 2 more that would be easily revealed with minimum intelligence-gathering), maybe he would have some way to retaliate pretty soon with limited consequence. But he's going against someone who has extreme physical power (I include magic here), plus political and social influence, at an international level in this present case. There was even an official "warning: don't disrespect" notice.
The man is really looking for trouble.

(Of course, there is also point 4. Cain is a demi-god and acolyte of basically all the gods of their pantheon, but Malph has no way of knowing that so it doesn't count here. It will most likely count when it's time for retribution though.)

Dex-chan lover
I honestly don't count losing his seat as a worthy punishment for this because it was not caused by Cain, the affected party. It is just a natural consequence of trying and failing to game the system and being caught.
I honestly don't think Cain has any power to stop it even if he wanted to.

Of course you may disagree with me, but with this point of view Cain's actual punishment for him is indeed just "say you are sorry".
Which would indeed be a direct cause of him underestimating Cain. Sure, he is an S-rank adventurer, but he also shows to have the naive mindset of a child while his actions were treated as being caught stealing from the cookie jar.

I doubt they would be made competent enough for this, but it could be used as revenge by making something happen where the blame falls on Cain. This would make his positions as S-rank adventurer and foreign noble become an issue instead of a help.
Hell, Cogino kinda tried this, poisoning the saintess with something no one else could have stopped while distracting Cain, who was supposed to be keeping her safe.
Him being engaged to so many high-ranking girls would also drag their families down with him. And then there are the people caught in the crossfire.

Dex-chan lover
Of course you may disagree with me, ...
Read my message again. I totally agree that this is way too light to be proper punishment.
However, that was enough for Cain, so it won't go any further until Malph proves himself dumb enough to retaliate.
I doubt they would be made competent enough for this, but it could be used as revenge by making something happen where the blame falls on Cain. This would make his positions as S-rank adventurer and foreign noble become an issue instead of a help.
First, I do expect something along these lines. The fact that they stayed for a short while with Corgino and the dude was all smiles is indication enough that he has a plan in motion and he probably stole a minor trinket belonging to Cain in order to frame him. Or the opposite, hiding a compromising item in his luggage.
Both Malph and Corgino know that an attempt to confront Cain directly would be suicide, literal and/or political.
Also, I wouldn't bet on their lack of competence as the manga already proved its own inconsistency on this very matter.

However, the status of foreign guests is always a tricky matter so the standard of evidence would need to be very high. Given that his status is already acknowledge by the country he's visiting, he would likely be given a substantial benefit of the doubt. Also, they would have to frame him for something significant enough that he would be in trouble despite all his strengths, but also not enough that it would constitute a cause for war, because that would instantly backfire on them and this whole country.

Delicate balance to achieve, before we even get to the point where Cain's status as an apostle would need to be made public.

"promise you won't won't use your authority for evil". lmao wtf that's it? no surprise that his promise didn't amount to shit. :facepalm:

Group Leader
Hi hello again
In case you're reading this, chapter 62 will actually go public on the 5th of July. So that means no chapter for this month.
That's all, see ya : D

Users who are viewing this thread